Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

December 2014 - total number of 996 Turbos for sale

Andyvvc

Nurburgring
The thread that serves no real purpose is back after a one month hiatus.

Currently for sale on Pistonheads there are 42 actual 996T cars for sale (one of those has a POA price, several others are already sold).

I haven't bothered to tot-up a rough average price, but there do seem to be a lot more cars for sale in-excess of £30k now than there were back in March when i bought mine..... sign of an increase in prices? Sign of dealers taking the pi$$? Sign of there now being more 'A1' Turbos for sale? Meh?!?

If you wait a short while, my alter-ego will be along with some AutoTrader stats to accompany the PistonHeads stats...... [Andyvvc looks around for T8]

[This thread is now "Fosters Paddle of Rebuke" certified] :puh: :worship:

Think i've memorised most of the ads over the last few months.

I think that the 996 turbo has started to gain minor classic status as the first of its type.
It seems to be the weapon of choice with tuners along with an active support network on here which I think gives prospective owners and current owners that warm and fuzzy feeling and confidence in the car. :grin:

I am thinking of jumping ship but to another mezger legend with fantastic technical support. :thumb:

TwinBoost said:
What are people's opinions on the effect of 997s on 996 prices?

Could you see 7Ts ever selling for less than 6Ts?

What were 7T production numbers?

I think that the recent 'bounce' in 996T values has caused depreciation of 997.1Ts to stop. Next year there may start to be a cross over between late/low mileage/mint 996Ts and high mileage/poorer 997.1Ts but I'd be surprised if an average 996T is ever valued higher than an average 997.1T.

I don't know how many 997.1Ts were produced but as the run was only 3 years, and right in the height of the UK recession, I think good examples will become quite sought after.

Good point about the economy.

Why do you say three years? I thought the run was 2006-2012? My knowledge is limited here.
Edit: I just reread and saw you mention specifically gen1. apologies.

I'm interested in production numbers as scarcity will play a role. There are 100 997 T for sale compared to 50 6T on ph. I also tend to see many more 7's in london.

Is it true that if you want a 997 you're supposed to go for a pdk gen 2? That coulld push gen1 manuals under mint 6T prices as you say.

Andyvvc said:
[This thread is currently "Fosters Paddle of Rebuke" pending] :puh:

I serve this with no pleasure but the precedent has been set by KAS and rules must be followed..... :puh:

d94b76c1caf1f211c6c16d53a6904fe1_zpse945413e.jpg

TwinBoost said:
I'm interested in production numbers as scarcity will play a role. There are 100 997 T for sale compared to 50 6T on ph. I also tend to see many more 7's in london.

Is it true that if you want a 997 you're supposed to go for a pdk gen 2? That coulld push gen1 manuals under mint 6T prices as you say.

Regarding production numbers there's a big difference between 997s in general and Turbos. The Carrera came out two years before the Turbo.

The general recommendation to go for a Gen2 relates specifically to the Carrera because of the potential engine issues associated with the Gen1. This advice doesn't apply to Turbos as the engines in the 996T and 997.1T are very similar and about as bullet proof as they come.

NB: The Turbo engines are not turbocharged versions of the Carrera.

Ah ok thanks.

My thinking was that the PDK was preferable over a manual with the PDK only being available in gen2 flavour.

I agree carrera models are 2 a penny in 6 form and even more so in 7 form and as such desirability will probably be limited. I'm specifically interested in turbo production numbers and RHD at that if possible. I havent seen any information on this before.

There were 20k 6t made if Im not mistaken?

Edit:

Here (Worldwide numbers):
996 Turbo Coupe
MY2000 16
MY2001 5324
MY2002 5908
MY2003 4322
MY2004 1273
MY2005 122

996 Turbo Cab
MY2003 308
MY2004 3099
MY2005 127

996 Turbo S Coupe
MY2004 2
MY2005 598

996 Turbo S Cab
MY2004 3
MY2005 960

Something similar for 7T could provide further insight.

Andyvvc said:
If you wait a short while, my alter-ego will be along with some AutoTrader stats to accompany the PistonHeads stats...... [Andyvvc looks around for T8]

:grin:

32 Coupes for sale on AutoTrader at the moment.

Interestingly only one is for sale privately.

25 of the cars are up for £28,950 or more :eek: further demonstrating that asking prices have gone up c15% in the last 18 months.

Low mileage seems to be a key 'driver' with several sub 40k mile cars up for £35k+

T8 said:
Andyvvc said:

:grin:

32 Coupes for sale on AutoTrader at the moment.

Interestingly only one is for sale privately.

25 of the cars are up for £28,950 or more :eek: further demonstrating that asking prices have gone up c15% in the last 18 months.

Low mileage seems to be a key 'driver' with several sub 40k mile cars up for £35k+
Probably every private car, gets snapped up by dealers, who are willing to buy over the phone,and give virtually the same money as some private cars can make, and are willing and able to carry out any work.
Trying to sell a supercar privately can be a nightmare, if its a few years old.High, unrealistic expectations, and the amount of drivel that is generated on line, about some marques can in some cases make the selling experience emotional to say the least.

When I was looking for car a lot of the adverts to hang about for a long time.So are they overpriced, or thrashed within a inch of their lives :?:

Reasonably priced stuff is selling, pretty quickly too in my experience.

alpinaman said:
Are any selling though ?

Seems the same cars have been for sale for months..

Dealer i bought my turbo from says cars are lucky to last 24 hrs for sale if they are good cars.

He now has a waiting list for turbos

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back