Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice please.

Alfaian

Sao Paulo
Hi, my o/s exhaust muffler has started blowing, it's three very small holes right on the seam as you look at it from a sideways angle. Can it be welded or is the metal too thin? It's a PSE system btw.

Cheers

Yes, can be welded, It's what most people do.

Shurv said:
Yes, can be welded, It's what most people do.

Thanks shurv, as I thought just looking for clarification :thumb:

It can be welded but it's not straightforward.

The rust will be in oneof the inner layers and it will blowback like crazy.

Not a job for any old welder.

PeterS said:
It can be welded but it's not straightforward.

The rust will be in oneof the inner layers and it will blowback like crazy.

Not a job for any old welder.

Thanks Pete. My mot is due in February and service in April. So I think I'll leave it for my Indy to do all in one go.

Had an interim oil change in the summer, so by the time the mot is due she'll have done nigh on 5k since then anyway.

I'm sure he'll know best.

Weld'able

Seems lots of people's PSE's are requiring fixing at the moment...

They are certainly weld'able but its a pig of a job, and will probably require the box to be removed from the car.
(Which dependant on how rusted your exhaust hanger nuts/bolts are can also be a complete PITA)

That said, it will almost certainly be weld'able. have you got any pics so we can see exactly where the issue is?

With some significant help I recently opened up my N/S PSE and had it welded back together. It works perfectly now :D

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=98717

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back