Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

disable anti-jacking alarm...

declandio

Montreal
Hi there

Will be driving home this eve, taking the ferry from Holyhead.

I know I can disable the internal motion sensors of the alarm by quickly locking the door twice, but will that also deactivate the anti-jacking sensors?

It's likely to be a fairly rough crossing and would rather not have the alarm blasting for 2-3 hours while the car in sitting in the car deck... (was booked on the 'Swift' boat but they cancelled it due to weather, but the big slow boat can handle the big waves & wind).

Even when I drove it over to Isle of Wight a few months ago, it was a smooth crossing but the alarm was going off... very annoying.

Thanks in advance :)

IIRC

Press the lock button twice within 3 seconds.

The horn will then beep once and this shows you have disabled the interior protection, the car is single locked with the tilt sensor disabled.

Otherwise just disconnect the battery, then lock up the car with your key.

Porsche News said:
IIRC

Press the lock button twice within 3 seconds.

The horn will then beep once and this shows you have disabled the interior protection, the car is single locked with the tilt sensor disabled.

Otherwise just disconnect the battery, then lock up the car with your key.

Thank you :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back