Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE Mod

RC911

Hi Does anybody know how to do the modification ie unplugging on the PSE (997.2 c2 )

Cheers

The plug is on the RHS at the back when you open the engine cover. Pull the wire clip and then unplug.

Much appreciated !

Let us know if you think it makes any difference.

Will do !

Had no idea it was they easy ! Let us know how it goes mate !

I unplugged mine a while ago, soo much better now as you get the rumble throughout the rev range.

Love chugging along through traffic much more now! :mrgreen:

Any chance of spice of the location as you do it ?

Will try n take some pictures

What does the unplugging do? Does it mean you just don't have to press the button to activate the PSE??

good question, was thinking the same thing!

There is a valve that opens and closes depending on mode so the car is more quiet when not in sports mode. Disconnecting the plug sounds like it makes the valve permanently open. Many cars have this feature.

Stu

So if you have PSE but no Sports mode I'm guessing I won't have a plug there to disconnect??

If you have PSE you have the plug, unless it was a ghetto retrofit.

Ok thanks, still think some pics would help! So what I'm getting from this thread is there's a plug to disconnect that gives a louder exhaust note, and also another plug to remove that has PSE on all the time?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back