Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Had the car detailed today...

Benji1975

Monza
I wanted the paintwork clayed and then waxed etc to try and protect from the worst bits of winter (it won't be used that much to be fair).

Local company did a very good job and pretty much did whole car. Exterior was washed, clayed, machine polished, waxed and then something else that escapes me. Either way, nice job and paint is looking good despite being over 10 years old.

Not great photos as was in middle of working. Car deffo looks better in summer with roof off in IMO!

Looks lovely if you don't mind me asking how much did they charge for he full detailing?

Looks like a good job, shame no photos in between would be interested to see what products they're using (in particular the wax). Cars look great when they're all cleaned up and it does take years off the car.

Looks good to me!!

Have you lowered the roof down as much as you can at the back to make it look a snugger fit?

Hi Stubbsy, the company was indetailed in Brentwood. I looked at his prices for paint correction and asked him to quote for 'rejuvenating' and he quoted £150. I thought that would be just paintwork as his quote for full detail was quite a but more. Pleasantly surprised to see his did pretty much everything including all the plastics in boot and conditioned the leather etc.
He was there about 4hrs so that is reasonable for this sort of work I think. Ok, my missus pulled a face that we paying someone £150 to 'wash our car' but I don't have time to spend a day doing all the stuff to keep its excellent paint in good order.

I can ask what products he used if you want J_H? Nice chap as well which always helps, genuine, knows his stuff and has a passion for his work.

Ben

Benji1975 said:
Hi Stubbsy, the company was indetailed in Brentwood. I looked at his prices for paint correction and asked him to quote for 'rejuvenating' and he quoted £150. I thought that would be just paintwork as his quote for full detail was quite a but more. Pleasantly surprised to see his did pretty much everything including all the plastics in boot and conditioned the leather etc.
He was there about 4hrs so that is reasonable for this sort of work I think. Ok, my missus pulled a face that we paying someone £150 to 'wash our car' but I don't have time to spend a day doing all the stuff to keep its excellent paint in good order.

I can ask what products he used if you want J_H? Nice chap as well which always helps, genuine, knows his stuff and has a passion for his work.

Ben

That seems a really good price for the amount of work completed, and time given I would easily have expected it to have cost double that! I don't need to know, but was more wondering if you had specifically chosen a particular product as come sometimes be the case with professional detailers. I'm topping up my own stock for Xmas so can't be buying anything else until I've used that!

I can use this next time I give the car some TLC to argue that I'm saving us £150! :lol:

What colour is the is the interior? I've never seen one that colour befor, I like it :thumbs:

Ian

Benji1975 said:

Ben

Thanks that sounds very reasonable for the work he has done to your car, even better the company are based in essex I am just outside Chelmsford so will def give them a shout the work hey have done on your car looks quality!

The interior is...er...duck egg blue by my reckoning (with various other bits in black). When I first saw the pictures I winced slightly as it's not my first choice (black with light blue??) but everything else about the car meant I could overlook it. I've got the options listed somewhere and the colour is 'individual' (yup...that's one word for it) and then the ali bits are optional and there are various bits of extra leather around the dashvet, center console, door cards. In fact, the whole car is very highly specced...there aren't that many options that aren't on it. Would be intrigued to know what it's original purchase cost was..

Alex, being that it still looks like it's wearing a 'german helmet' as someone (oh, that would be you) said...no, I haven't got round to that yet! Ever since you mentioned it I can't stop noticing the similarity!

J_H, you'd expect to pay double that? £300 for 4 hours work is a very nice rate...ok, you have to pay for products and overheads, travel to and from but, still....two of those a day over 5 days. 3k a week...I'm in the wrong job lol

Ben

From the man himself...as I said, very nice guy

Hi Ben
The car was snow foamed with Valet Pro snow foam to loosen the dirt. This was left for 5 minutes then rinsed. After the car was washed I clayed the car with an Auto Smart Clay cloth using Dodo Juice born slippy as the lubricant. I've started to using the clay cloth as it's quicker and more cost effective than using a traditional clay. If your colleague would prefer a traditional clay I'm happy to use one. The result will be the same as your car though.
I then machine polished the car using Menzerna Power Gloss to remove the light swirls. Then I applied Auto Smart Platinum to seal in the gloss. After this I applied Collinte Insulator wax to finally seal the car and give a long life protection. Once I had polished the windows, dressed the tyres and put the leather balm (Auto Glym) on, I went over the paint work with Sonax Brilliant Detailer. This is to add the final gloss

Hope this helps.
Thanks again for today I enjoyed cleaning your car.
Regards
Paul

Sent from my iPhone

Benji1975 said:
Alex, being that it still looks like it's wearing a 'german helmet' as someone (oh, that would be you) said...no, I haven't got round to that yet! Ever since you mentioned it I can't stop noticing the similarity!

Ben

:floor:

Car looks very nice.

I might stick my roof on, just for a change, although it does rob a bit of power!

Have you considered a blue key fob?

:)

PeterS said:
Car looks very nice.

I might stick my roof on, just for a change, although it does rob a bit of power!

Have you considered a blue key fob?

:)

Well spotted...there is a reason for bright red. Both myself and missus have the Porsche and Megane keycard linked and they look the same. I bought a nice new blue fob for her. I was then going to buy a black one for me but then remembered she is a pain for losing her keys and then just nicking mine and claiming they thought they were her set (leaving me then looking for her set to drive the other car..)
With a nice bright red fob on mine and blue on hers, there is no way she can take mine and claim she thought they were hers :wink:

Ben

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back