Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Occasional check engine light when cold

Riccardo

Monza
Hello All,

My 2006 Carrera 4S runs perfectly etc, only thing is that when I start it up (starts first time) it can occasionally throw a "Check Enngine" orange light after a few minutes. Seems to be when the revs drop a bit from 1200 rpm at startup down to 800rpm after a couple of minutes.

Keeping the revs up slightly (back to 1200) keeps the problem at bay, however, any ideas of what could be the culprit?

Never happens when warm or under normal driving.

Thanks in advance!

Have you checked the condition of your coil packs?
:thumb:

I wouldn't know how to, however, last year (4k miles ago) I had Jaz check them all and they said there in perfect condition.

If they were bad/faulty wouldn't the problem perservere even when the car is hot?

Yes it probably would but coil packs seem to be a favourite consumable which often nthrows CEL's
:thumb:

Badman, straight on it!

Exactly what I was gonna say - coil packs. You can check DME fault codes but they don't always store for the coil packs. Could be a dodgy plug and the car is 'making' itself run around the issue.

Get coil packs/plugs out and have a nosey. Remember to change coil packs as a full set. All six should be replaced if they are the issue.

BR

Just replaced all 6 of mine even though some looked okay, i will keep those as spares.

I know Nicholas, you should see the crates of spares i have hoarded for the 944 !

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back