Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 electric windows no auto up down

Eey_ore_9

Monza
Battery went flat in the turbo due to not being driven for 15 days, fortunately just enough to open the bonnet but not to start up.
Anyway easy easy got jump leads out connected to van and car turned over and fired into life straight away. Took the car out for a long leisurely run to recharge battery but noticed whereas previously one touch to wind windows up or down I had to hold the button consistently to operate them is their a quick fix?

Yes is the answer.

You just need to educate the window regulators on where the top position is.

Hold your window buttons in the up position and keep them pressed, even after they reach the top. Once they have reached the top keep the buttons held for about 8 seconds.

They should now be ok.

Windows

Super quick reply, many thanks, you learn something new & useful every day

alex yates said:
Yes is the answer.

You just need to educate the window regulators on where the top position is.

Hold your window buttons in the up position and keep them pressed, even after they reach the top. Once they have reached the top keep the buttons held for about 8 seconds.

They should now be ok.

Just what I needed to know too. Good to know it's so easy!

Re: Windows

Eey_ore_9 said:
Super quick reply, many thanks, you learn something new & useful every day

Occasionally 'one touch' stops working on my windows. From the fully up position, cycle them down all the way and then back up all the way, and then one touch works again... but unfortunately it sometimes only lasts until the car is switched off, then I have to do it again next time I restart. Bit annoying, will try the 'hold for 8 seconds' now too!

my passenger window only does one touch on the way down not up.

I've tried cycling it and holding down the button but no change, any ideas?

Steve,

I think that's just the way they are - safety feature/child finger saver. I had the centre console out recently and although the window switches are identical and interchangeable, the wiring to each is different.

I would pay good money for a solution to this. Don't know why but I find having to press and hold the passenger window UP button a real pain.

In the scheme of things I guess it's not a big deal, but if you ever find a solution...

screwy said:
Steve,

I think that's just the way they are - safety feature/child finger saver. I had the centre console out recently and although the window switches are identical and interchangeable, the wiring to each is different.

I would pay good money for a solution to this. Don't know why but I find having to press and hold the passenger window UP button a real pain.

In the scheme of things I guess it's not a big deal, but if you ever find a solution...

Don't think so? Both mine are auto up and down, passenger and drivers..

Re auto up down

Mine were definitely one touch up down (auto). Going to have a go with mine tomorrow holding up button till windows get to top and holding for 8 seconds ref earlier reply il let you guys know if it rectifies mine.

Great

Right guys a massive thanks to imp 75 ref his reply, top man.
I operated my windows down then back up all the way and held up for 8 seconds they now both work in auto mode again... One touch operation both up and down

Re: Great

Eey_ore_9 said:
I operated my windows down then back up all the way and held up for 8 seconds they now both work in auto mode again... One touch operation both up and down

:eek: Don't mention it. :wack:

Re: Great

alex yates said:
Eey_ore_9 said:

:eek: Don't mention it. :wack:
:floor:

Sorry mate apologies I was on iPhone so when I clicked on thread it jumps up n down so didn't double check best reply to my Q , all credit goes to you and thanks again! Everything works as it should do NOW

:thumb:

steve r said:
my passenger window only does one touch on the way down not up.

I've tried cycling it and holding down the button but no change, any ideas?

Mine too and both switches have recently been replaced for other reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back