Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

with or without decals?

phil996versuvius

Greetings

Along with some new winter wheels and tyres, I've umm'd and ahhh'd with fitting some slightly retro look decals.

Here's the pics ..... with before the wheel change, after the new wheels and with a test run of graphics

Thoughts?

Attachments

• smaller_190.jpg
    smaller_190.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 7,504
  • _dsc4993_smaller_108.jpg
    _dsc4993_smaller_108.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 7,504
  • _dsc4994_smaller_149.jpg
    _dsc4994_smaller_149.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 7,504
  • _dsc4983_smaller_491.jpg
    _dsc4983_smaller_491.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 7,504
  • _dsc4984_smaller_948.jpg
    _dsc4984_smaller_948.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 7,504
  • _dsc4986_smaller_175.jpg
    _dsc4986_smaller_175.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 7,504
  • _dsc4985_smaller_151.jpg
    _dsc4985_smaller_151.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 7,504
Personally I think the new wheels look great but the decals seem TOO retro. Not bad overall but the 964 is too new to carry those ones off imo.

Have to say I'm liking the decals, very singer!
As for the wheels they look like Porsche Satin Platinum, same as mine :thumbs:

not Porsche Satin Premium

Not even Porsche at all in fact....

Thanks for the compliments on the wheels. Singer-ish is probably not a bad direction to be headed in.

Like wheels, like decals :thumb:

I like the wheels dark they look mint , the decal not in that colour its to light , if your gona shout , shout loud , id go dark like the wheels for the decal if you are having it but i prefer it with out it. :thumb:

I'd probably go for black decals :dont know: I'm currently toying with giving mine the full Martini stripe experience :roll:

BTW - Is this the car from the Isle of Man :?:

I like the wheels but don't think your car has a decal friendly colour. IMO decals work best on solid period colours.

Have a look at one of Ian's (igaffz) early threads to check out Horizon Blue, dark wheels and black graphics (although these were the carrera script).

The lighter colour graphics would go great with your silver Cup IIs IMHO :)

Chris

Dug some pics out, hope they help.

Fab colour car you've got there, I liked the decal at the time but much prefer the car without now.

Ian

I'm with you Ian, looks fab now :thumb:

Cheers for the ocmments guys and thanks for the pics Ian - I can see what some of you are saying about darker decals. I even like your black D90s and I normally don't like D90s at all.

Zingers - yes, almost - it's the car previously kept by Trevor (BigTrev) from Coleraine in Northen Ireland. Big Richard (sorry Richard - couldn't resist) from Performance Porsche went to fetch it for me - and that could be where you've heard about it or seen it down at the garage.

And, finally, I can reveal the exact colour of the new wheels......
Vauxhall Technical grey. Yes, Vauxhall! Never owned one and not really a big fan but the colour was suggested by Ross from Performance Porsche (you can see where I go spending my money!). He reckoned that it would sit well against the horizon blue and I've gotta say he's spot on. Nice one Ross and thanks for the great paint job.

Back to the tricky question of decals or not - I'm not too sure which way to go.

How about some thing more like this.....

Attachments

• dollar_57_107.jpg
    dollar_57_107.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 7,202
I thought I remembered you buyingi it from Trevor., If I remember was a previous owner Karren Bradey?
Personally i think the black decals go better with the darker wheels, looked great on Ian's car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back