Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

About to place my order - eek

newby911

After much deliberation and sleepless nights a decision to place an order has been made. Thought I wanted a Boxster, then I took a 911 out for a drive, it feels more like a grown up car, although I still love the Boxster.
Anyway, appointment made for Monday to place an order I think the 911 has won out.
I still have so many decisions to make maybe you can help me.
1. Colour combination, I'm thinking silver with blue interior and blue hood.
2. Leather seat option? 14 way or 18 way?
3. Lights. PDLS , LED or bi - xenon,

has anyone managed a discount or will I be expected to pay book?
I don't think I've ever bought a new car without some kind of discount.
Thanks in advance
Be warned I have lots more questions, you may get fed up with me. 😺

Welcome. Nice position to be in. Colour wise, Guards Red is best closely followed by Racing Yellow - black interior and hood. I take it you're ordering a 991 but you haven't said which model.
:welcome:

Oh, yes a Carrera 4S cabriolet, originally fancied red but I have a 55 year old red merc and wanted something different, yellow looks fantastic but for me a bit shouty, I'm getting on a bit and black interiors don't do it for me. Sorry!

Very nice :)

I was just playing on the configurator, I think it looks great in white with a black top. Interior is harder, but the 'espresso' colour looks pretty sharp!

As for lights & seats, knock yourself out with the best ones you can afford surely?!

Attachments

• 127_0_0_1x1417905196010_517.jpg
    127_0_0_1x1417905196010_517.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 11,725
  • 127_0_0_1x1417905171420_287.jpg
    127_0_0_1x1417905171420_287.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 11,725
Mmmm White is popular atm, I like the espresso but wouldn't a brown top look better with that inside?

newby911 said:
Mmmm White is popular atm, I like the espresso but wouldn't a brown top look better with that inside?

Indeed, brown top would match the interior but I like the classic simpleness of black & white... having said that, the roof does look good in brown (on screen anyway). I would love to have such a dilemma on my hands! :thumbs:

I don't usually like white cars but this one looks lovely. Makes the red callipers stand out a bit too much though. Perhaps they could do those in black (or silver?) for you?

Attachments

• 127_0_0_1x1417910234141_959.jpg
    127_0_0_1x1417910234141_959.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 11,691
Oh yes I like that combination, thanks, :thumbs: :thumbs:
Quite like the red brakes too.

Love the 991 but I think my head would explode if I was ordering a new one and had so many options to pick from, my previous 911 was a cabriolet with Atlas grey and sand/beige leather, I only bought it because it was cheap but really did love the combo in the end. Current is Guards red with anthracite and I love that but I think they all look good. You obviously enjoy the soft tops ! I planned to swap 911 for a new shape Cayman or Boxster but when push come to shove you can,t beat a 911.

Attachments

• 911_200.jpg
    911_200.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 11,645
newby911 said:
Oh yes I like that combination, thanks, :thumbs: :thumbs:
Quite like the red brakes too.

Cool :cheers:

Have fun on Monday! :thumbs:

V.nice.
Yes I like the idea of a soft top as we plan to tour Europe next year, something I've wanted to do for a while.

newby911 said:
V.nice.
Yes I like the idea of a soft top as we plan to tour Europe next year, something I've wanted to do for a while.

Have you considered collecting the car in person from the factory in Germany? Could be the start of your tour!

Yes I have asked the dealer but apparently that service has been suspended for the time being, will see if it's possible by the time we want it.
It's also ? Stupidly more expensive to collect?? than be delivered, but would love the experience of starting from Germany.

I'd caution anyone about buying a red or yellow convertible if they were thinking of resale in the 1/4 years old period.

Whilst red is very much a traditional Porsche colour, believe me there s a big, big difference in selling a £75,000 car, a £60,000 Red car and a £35,000 one.

Some posters might think i'm being very boring, but, Black, with black, Grey with black, Dark Blue with beige, Aqua Blue with Blue, in my opinion are safe options,

I saw a white 991 cab a few weeks ago with a grey interior, it looked anaemic, white with sand is very much a marmite combination.

Whilst not wishing to spoil anyones fun, when spending £100,000 plus now to have a nicely specced 991 Cab, you should consider the resale values for some colour combinations

I'd go for black or blue, maybe even dark green... but each to their own.

It's hard to judge on screen, you need to see them in the flesh.

The one below with the espresso & brown leather would be nice!

Attachments

• normal_919.jpg
    normal_919.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 11,584
If I was speccing a new car I wouldn't be worrying about resale value. I'd be specifying it for me to enjoy. What do I like, not what will some random stranger like if I sell it in 4-5 years.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back