Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drive shaft rubber gaiter

Dashmore

Hi. I noticed last weekend that one of the inner (Diff/gearbox end) rubber drive shaft gaiters/sleeves on my 3.2 Carrera is split. Is this something I could replace quite easily in my garage at home; can it be fitted with the drive shaft still in place ? - or does it require the engine and gearbox etc. out ? Thanks.

Hello. Deafening silence ... Please could someone just reply so that at least I know that my post is on the Forum. I thought it was a fairly simple question and am a bit surprised that no one has replied with some advice. thanks.

Go to Impactbumper.com ask in there, a much better response will be had!

Hello. There is someone out there ! Thanks for coming on. But, I have tried impactbumper.com and it is just adverts; and links to other adverts.

My typing is good, thank you. I don't get the rest of your crytic message.
One of what at either end of what ?
And what is ???????
I have always found the impactbumpers.com site difficult. I tried to register some time ago and, although I know I got the answer right to the question it still wouldn't let me register.
I did have an exchange of emails with the guy running it and he said he knew there were problems but he still couldn't get me in. i gave up after a time.

Dashmore said:
My typing is good, thank you. I don't get the rest of your crytic message.
One of what at either end of what ?

Dashmore said:
I have tried impactbumper.com

There is an "s" missing in the site title you quoted, as there is a bumper at each end of the car it is plural :grin:

Hi Silver 718. Ahh... I get it now. Very clever. A bumper at either end. Like it. Unfortunately I only clicked on the link someone else sent me.
In the meantime I tried the forum on the Porsche Club GB site (I am a member) and got a reply very quickly. Obviously a better, more friendly. more informed Forum than 911UK.Com ! I shall know in future.
But thanks anyway.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back