Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie from London looking for a 964 or 993

elan

Hello All,

Decided to join here and learn about the 911s as I am looking for an air cooled 911.

Mainly driven BMW M cars but have always wanted a 911. Recently been offered a 911 targa that needed a bit of work so this has got my search started!

Welcome! Sounds like a great collections of cars you have there :thumb: :)

Thanks. Hoping to add a 911 soon so have been reading up on this forum.

Welcome to 911uk! Are you looking for a 993 or 964? Maybe even earlier?

~ Maxie :thumbs:

I was thinking of the 964 as the rust with the older cars seems to be an issue?

Ideally a manual coupe would be perfect. I don't mind something that needs a bit of work. I like the idea of saving one by restoring but I wouldn't be doing the work :)

Not for me. Why spend £££ making a 964 look like a 993 :?

Go for one or the other, but not a cross-breed.

Hi elan,

I've moved your thread into the 'Porsche Chatter' sub-forum and changed the title so that it might generate more reads.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for moving the thread.

Maybe I should decide on whether to go for a 964 or a 993 first before the search? I have been reading up 993 v 964 but still cant decide!

Both good ...... but both different ........ I know that is not of much help but it's true.

But saying that if you go for a C4 there is quite a bit of difference between the 964 and the 993 ....... and if I were buying a 964 I would try and buy a C2 but if it were a 993 I would not be too worried either way.

Good luck in your search.

Bmw ///M car and air cooled Porsche, nice combo to have :wink:

jonttt said:

Thanks. The 993 or 964 will be a long term ownership so I just need to take my time and find a good one!

elan said:
jonttt said:

Thanks. The 993 or 964 will be a long term ownership so I just need to take my time and find a good one!

The search is half the fun, just don't queue up behind Zingari :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back