Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter Driving Gloves

infrasilver

I'm looking for driving gloves and wondered what everyone was using if anyone was for the cold weather. I have loads of pairs of gloves from knitted fingerless and full finger, thinsulate type and up to Sparco racing gloves but I'm looking for a nice lightweight (ish) leather driving glove. I had a good look online but didn't see anything I really liked.

Any ideas :?:

Costco do a chamois leather cowboy style glove,
If that floats ya boat :thumbs:

Mac wet gloves are awesome . Ultra light and warm. Material is like a nubuck leather but ultra fine. I use them for clay shooting/ game shooting . Good grip, good feel too.
They do them in black.

Attachments

• 2014_11_27_18_51_43_51404899_187.jpeg
    2014_11_27_18_51_43_51404899_187.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 12,265
Standard perforated and knuckleless style in soft leather off the bay for a tenner :thumb:

These are bang up to date and sexy also

9cc8ffa79293709c8e0f5ca91cf7643e.jpg

I just use the same wool mittens I wear everywhere else.
:?:

I just tape the steering wheel with this stuff, pop the mittens on and it's so grippy you can't let go, works best with automatics mind, and not that great if you have an itchy nose...

DualLock_Velcro.jpg

:thumbs:

Curious to understand the significance of "Winter" in the context of driving gloves ..... doesn't the heater in the car make the outside temperature irrelevant

Personally something dubious about the look of driving gloves :dont know:

I guess if combined with a mustache its the full package.

What I think I look like with driving gloves.....

driving-gloves.jpg

What I really look like with driving gloves...

ALANPARTRIDGE1.JPG

:D

I tried wearing my blue racing gloves for some of the Alpine stuff.

A bit OTT for daily driving though.

In the context of "winter" for gloves, it's quite cold in the mornings and I want something warm until the steering wheel is up to cabin temp, but also driving in mittens doesn't work. I don't drive in gloves in the summer unless on a track.
I like the ones with finger nails but I would probably never leave the house if I had a pair of those.

infrasilver said:
In the context of "winter" for gloves, it's quite cold in the mornings and I want something warm until the steering wheel is up to cabin temp, but also driving in mittens doesn't work. I don't drive in gloves in the summer unless on a track.
I like the ones with finger nails but I would probably never leave the house if I had a pair of those.

I just wear my normal every day leather gloves when I feel the need... same ones I've had for almost 20 yrs. Amazingly soft, comfy & supple after all those years. You can't beat an old pair of normal leather gloves I reckon. No need for 'driving' gloves.

Attachments

• 10422499_10152716769180668_1205445424959672291_n_197.jpg
    10422499_10152716769180668_1205445424959672291_n_197.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 11,866
DerbyJim said:
What I think I look like with driving gloves.....

driving-gloves.jpg

What I really look like with driving gloves...

ALANPARTRIDGE1.JPG

Brilliant! :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back