Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pirelli P Zeros !!!

jvr

What a load of tat they are, wear well on front, grip well and that's it.

The fronts always flat spot, some days better than others the rears have both big flat spots. The rears have been balanced and one of them rotated on the rim, this gets it within a tolerable reading the other no chance.

They were done on a hunter force machine and this showed up the flat spots. The tyres were bought about a month in between from different suppliers so I assume they are all the same.

Still after a few miles from cold it does seem better after they were looked at but still...

Not buying those again!

:nooo:

P

Which ones? There are P Zero N2 generally in 19's for 987/997, and the older PZero Rosso common on pre-997.

I fully understand what you are saying though.

At back they are 285/30 latest N4 I think, put on in FEB/ April

jvr said:
At back they are 285/30 latest N4 I think, put on in FEB/ April

They'll be PZero Rosso then if they are N4, very old design and not good in the UK autum/winter.

The fronts last well but wobble slightly, quite random sometimes OK sometimes not. The rears wear out at about 9000 miles and TBH not driving like a hooligan. Now they basically deformed its just not good enough.

P

Loved my P Zero Rosso. Black glue. For the first 6,000 miles.

Replacement Michelin PS2s very good, but different. Somehow a more dynamic response.

However, if I could afford the Pirelli tyre-consumption ...

I used to run P Zeros on my Merc daily driver, a set lasted around 10K and £1000 a pop................5 sets a year :sad: can`t say that I found them very good at all,especially in the wet, Michelins PS much much better, last around 18K and a little cheaper :thumb:

Pirelli P-Zero Rosso N2

I've had 2.5 sets on my 993 on 18's and wanted to change them as soon as they started to wear but the rears wore out at 8k and the fronts 10k so not wanting to mix or have the expense of 4 new Continentals (my preferred choice) when still had good tread left on 2 of them I have kept buying hoping I would get to the point where all 4 needed replacing at one! They seem fine when new but wear and age specifically seem to make them inconsistent in their grip levels. Just my opinion tho.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back