Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Accumate charger

jvr

Hi Guys,
Can you put the conditioner via the cigarette lighter socket or has it got to be the battery direct?
Cheers
P
Meant to say 02 3.6 996

My is straight to the battery on a comfort connector

The cigarette lighter socket is an unswitched device, therefore if you connect your conditioner to it ( which is recommended by OPC's) then that is a suitable charging connection to the car. You can also run the cable through the door and close the door on the cable as the seal is sufficient not to trap the cable( give it a short pull to ensure it can run freely in the seal with door closed.
I do this with my car and no issues.
Terry

I have an original Porsche charger, it connects to the ciggy lighter port.

I can close the door too as it's very thin and about 15 metres long!!!

Thanks guys, that is what I will do then and since it is in the garage I can put it through the window.

P 8)

jvr said:
Thanks guys, that is what I will do then and since it is in the garage I can put it through the window.

P 8)

No need, cable is thin enough to close the door on without issues.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back