Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Am I missing something??

Stuno1

I have been tracking 997.2 auto and manual prices over the past few months and there seems to be a price difference of roughly £5k between similar age/spec/mileage models with the PDK examples being the more expensive.

I have a full manual licence but drive an auto at the moment and my wife has auto only licence. She won't be driving it much anyway so I am open to manuals.

Are manuals less desirable? I thought they were more desirable. Are the PDK varients worth the extra?

Cheers

Stu

The PDK is desirable and that is reflected in the sales value of the car. Most gen2 cars have PDK rather than manual, whereas with the gen1 most cars were manual versus the auto/tiptronic option.

This is a sign of the times, PDK type gearboxes are becoming default in some sports cars, with the latest 911 for example, there is still a manual option but it is thought to be for not much longer and it is not regarded as a particularly good manual gearbox. The other reason is that the PDK is very very good, so if you haven't tried one, you probably should.

However, if you prefer manual, and many do, even though you will need to do a little work to track one down, you will save some money on the purchase price of a gen2 and the manual gearbox on the 997 cars is a good one!

PDK just so much better, personally the price difference is about right the PDK is 5 k better than the manual.....

+1 :thumb:

The PDK is good, very good in fact but long term it had to be the manual for me.

The PDK felt less engaging to drive and I felt less in control than a manual - wasn't always sure what gear it was in entering bends etc.

It did feel quicker than my manual, though interestingly my friend said the same thing driving mine!

Definitely try it but give some thought to what type of journeys you are making, whether you'll be stuck in traffic and whether it's going to be your daily driver, weekend car etc.

Both are pretty awesome though! 8)

Cheers for the reply. It would be a weekend car mainly with occasional work trip when weather is poor!

Looks like I'll need to drive both before making a decision.

Stu

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back