Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Models

highway

Mexico City
I know some of you are keen model collectors. Two questions

Can I buy a black narrow body 993 coupe model without turbo spoiler but with technology/turbo style wheels?

A bigger challenge, who makes custom models of cars?

Maxie is our resident expert on die-cast models.

I know he's busy at the moment so may not be scanning all the sub-forums. I've sent him a pm on your behalf.

I've not to yet found a single 993 model that is actually much better than a scaled up Matchbox car. Roll on someone (e.g. CMC) taking up the challenge.

However, I've not looked into this extensively: Thus far I simply don't think the models I have seen to be good enough to want to collect them :?

I'd really like to know if there are some worth seeking out...

Cheers T8 for the heads up!

Highway said:
Can I buy a black narrow body 993 coupe model without turbo spoiler but with technology/turbo style wheels?
Yes, you can buy black but in what scale? The popular collector scales are 1:43, 1:24, 1:18 & 1:12.

Prices depend on both the manufacturer and scale but anything from less than a tenner to around £250 is the norm. If you are able to state what budget you have in mind, the wide range in choice can be narrowed down.

Highway said:
A bigger challenge, who makes custom models of cars?
Amalgam can accept a custom order. Their models are usually in 1:8 scale going up to 1:5 and start at about £2k.

HTH

~ Maxie

tim993 said:
I simply don't think the models I have seen to be good enough to want to collect them :?

I'd really like to know if there are some worth seeking out...
Try GT Spirit models, Tim. I have one and it's superb (left most model in my picture above). It's made of resin (rather than die-cast) so no opening features - unfortunately for me. Here are some of their 993 examples:

72110_3.jpg

gts_GT012CSi-640x320.jpg

Porsche-911-type-993-carrera-Rs-Club-sport-1-18-GT-SPIRIT-7GT005ZM-.jpg

10073035205_3f308f3866_o.jpg

They have most of the Porsche 1:18 scale model market sewn up.

~ Maxie 8)

Thanks Maxie :thumbs:

Those do actually look quite good and the top one is nearly my car! Just need black seats :)

I somehow doubt CMC will ever get to producing a 993, so maybe i should stop dreaming!

tim

tim993 said:
I somehow doubt CMC will ever get to producing a 993, so maybe i should stop dreaming!
AutoArt are currently releasing a 993 range in the more popular die-cast materials all with opening features so you'll get to see engine and boot details etc. I'm hoping to collect a few of these:

78141p13-640x320.jpg

78131p.jpg

~ Maxie :thumb:

tim993 said:
Thanks Maxie :thumbs:

Those do actually look quite good and the top one is nearly my car! Just need black seats :)

tim

They are nice. I have their C4S.

343433A5-7877-4DC0-8C89-76DADBB5DC74_zpsw3s0z1vu.jpg

It's a good effort at a fair price, but I too would love to see a 993 done in the bonkers detail of CMC.

Pocher did a 1/12 scale metal kit (assembly by screwdriver etc) of a vanilla 993c2 (normal wheels) in black/solver & a couple of other colours if I remember correctly.

It looks "right" from most angles, but the interior detail etc is more "nineties" than nowadays.

They come up sometimes on fleabay (particularly the German site .de) & usually command a silly price.

This one is pride of my little collection, even if the interior is rubbish, they just got the whole stance of the car so right.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Porsche-996-...3?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item2598302621

Still looking out for a French made 1/12 resin 997gt3.1 in white, it retailed when new for silly money, no interior detail (windows blacked out) but the shape looked so correct. I have hunted it down via google, and can find nothing. I can't remember the name of the company that made it (I never heard of any other releases ) & wonder if it was the same guy who started gt spirit/Ottomodels.

Edited to say, Pocher is of course 1/8 scale not 1/12 (can't remember now if the Froggie 997gt3 was !/8 or 1/12. . .merely that it cost big bucks when available. )

The GT Spirit wide body Carrera in Silver seems to be as rare as hens teeth as its not on their GT sprit website

Maxie said:
tim993 said:
AutoArt are currently releasing a 993 range in the more popular die-cast materials all with opening features so you'll get to see engine and boot details etc. I'm hoping to collect a few of these:

78141p13-640x320.jpg

78131p.jpg

~ Maxie :thumb:

Maxie,

Any ideas on when the Autoart 993's might be released? Been nearly 18 months since they showed the designs (your pic above)

Highway, please keep us updated on any purchase. My car is very similar to yours and I would be keen to see it.

Pocher ones are pretty good and huge (and yes they are dining room chairs in the background). I've got a black one but haven't finished building it yet as I'm researching the best way to make the interior look like grey leather, then I can paint in Iris Blue to match my car.

They do come up periodically usually about £300 but I got mine for £120 off the bay.

01.jpg

This is what I'm aiming for:

130598d1153902983-porsche-pocher-993-models-plate1small.jpg

130599d1153903089-porsche-pocher-993-models-plate2small.jpg

130600d1153903190-porsche-pocher-993-models-dscf0018small.jpg

130601d1153903308-porsche-pocher-993-models-dscf0015small.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456