Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 turbo boost

gliderpilot40

Silverstone
I have had my 997.1 turbo a few months now and am getting a little braver with the loud pedal. Flooring the throttle only shows 0.50 -0.60 bar boost. Should this be nearer 1.0 ? Could I have some turbos that are not wanting the exercise? Help please before I take it in to the OPC

I'm assuming your car has sport chrono. In normal mode put the car in 6th gear at 40mph and floor the throttle. You should see 0.8 to 0.9 bar.

Try this again with sport mode on and you should see 1.2 bar

If not you probably have boost leak somewhere.

:thumbs:

Thanks
I have sports mode as a retrofit so will try tomorrow.

As IMI A suggests it could be a boost leak or perhaps a sticky actuator which is a fairly common boost robbing fault...

There is a service bulletin for the 997 turbo actuator rods - W902 - to prevent them sticking. I have the bulletin pdf if you want it

Yes please. I'm new here can you pm it or do I need to pm you my email?

I would have thought their was an equivalent product available for less can you confirm the spec / type of spray it is.

Martian

How easy are the Turbo to access to apply the spray and inspect ? :dont know:

You just need to be able to get under the back of the car - the turbos and actuators are very easy to get to and inspect...

Yes reasonably easy to see and get to. I do mine with the car on the ground using a mirror to see the joints.

I looked into an equivalent lubricant but couldn't find anything that had the same spec' and could handle the temperatures.

Great thanks guys ... I think this would be a nice pictorial how to thread given that it looks like being routine maintenance for some of us.

The only alternative I could see was this stuff with I seem to recall a 996 TT owner from Ireland had used on various exposed part of the engine.

http://www.kenteurope.com/uk/datasheets/85235.pdf

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll report back when I have solved the issue and let you know what the cause was.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back