Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

That piece on the front wheel arch

sday12

Montreal
The piece of body work that wraps around the bottom rear of the front wheel arch, level with the side skirt.

Forever getting stone chips, do you paint it body colour again? or cover it with film? Some kind of protecting paint??

On my 4S I quickly applied thick protection film to this piece and the back section of the wing soon after the car had been painted.

Slightly off topic but in the right area.

I still have 2 brand new trim pieces that go on the WB cars, the 3-4" plastic infill just above this area, I never did get them fitted.

Anyone want for beer money?

As in the square trap door piece of the arch liner?

I'll take them

dommorton said:
As in the square trap door piece of the arch liner?

I'll take them

Thats the ones Dom. Have to dig them out.

Cool. Drop me a pm when located :thumb:

Mine had started rusting due to the road rash.
Had them sorted a few years back and had film put over them. Unfortunatly they are going again.
So I think they are consumable if you do lots of miles due to them getting hit all the time with road rash but the film will/does slow this process.

Fulla said:
I think they are consumable if you do lots of miles due to them getting hit all the time with road rash

That only applies to about 3 owners so the rest will be sorted with the cling film :thumb:

I got these bits painted on both my 993's. They came up looking new after a few hours at Precision Porsche, and seem to withstand chips far better than the previous paint. I sold the silver one soon after the paint job, but the blue one still looks fresh as a daisy in that area.

Apparently it's important to take the paint back down to the metal, as layers of paint chip easier than a factory-fresh, apparently. I'm guessing that many 993's have had a blow-over or two, or three, to the front end, and this may make them more prone to chips.

It's what Sam told me at Precision anyway, and seems to make sense.

Wasn't an expensive job - one to do whilst it's in for service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back