Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil analysis

MisterCorn

Fuji
Particularly for the guys who don't do many miles, have you ever had the oil checked to see if it needs changing each year rather than just doing it? It is much cheaper than changing it as a matter of course, and helps to save the planet, not to mention more scientific.
MC

I've got the Miller Oils Analysis kit but haven't yet used it. But more tricky when there is no dip to suck oil out for the sample.

The miller kit allows for analysis of 2 sample to observe change and sign of issues between intervals

Hi jonboy,
Never knew that about the millers, sounds interesting. I'll have to have a look. Do you know what parameters it's measuring or analysing? There was a tribologist out here at one point but I can't remember his name.

How do you check your oil to see if it needs changing? Red tape apart and purely down to end of life basis?

You purchase a kick from them here http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/millercare.asp

then take a sample from the car send it of to them in the prepaid envelope and they send back the results. I bought the kit that includes two sample so I could take a sample earlier in the oil life and one later at the time of change. Its not bad value for the price given the insight. Would be even easier if I could just suck the small amount of oil needed out.

Thanks for that jonboy, really helpful. Having spent hours on the site it's more research and I think after I've swopped a few mails with them I could making the change. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back