Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 22
997 : 2004- 84
996 : 1997-2005 47
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
isysman
Zolder


Joined: 22 Apr 2011
Posts: 5721
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to find out if the control module for a PDK Turbo is different from the NA PDK?
_________________
911 GT2RS Build
981 Boxster S, 987 Boxster S 3.4 - Sold

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
isysman
Zolder


Joined: 22 Apr 2011
Posts: 5721
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak to Ryan at Suncoast. They have done many of these retrofits. Incidentally he told me my conversion wouldn't work as they had issues trying to get the 2007 Turbo (Manual) to take the Gen.2 wheel. However ask them if they have completed any Tip 997 Turbos with that wheel. It may be an issue that can be overcome.

Also ask about the control module, if the NA one is the same as the Turbo one on PDK cars.

Ryan rbutor@sunsetautogroup.com
_________________
911 GT2RS Build
981 Boxster S, 987 Boxster S 3.4 - Sold

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
gadgetJunky72
Montreal


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 574
Location: NW London


PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isysman wrote:
Speak to Ryan at Suncoast. They have done many of these retrofits. Incidentally he told me my conversion wouldn't work as they had issues trying to get the 2007 Turbo (Manual) to take the Gen.2 wheel. However ask them if they have completed any Tip 997 Turbos with that wheel. It may be an issue that can be overcome.

Also ask about the control module, if the NA one is the same as the Turbo one on PDK cars.

Ryan rbutor@sunsetautogroup.com

That's twice i've tried contacting Suncoast with no reply. think i'll give up on them now.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
isysman
Zolder


Joined: 22 Apr 2011
Posts: 5721
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadgetJunky72 wrote:
isysman wrote:
Speak to Ryan at Suncoast. They have done many of these retrofits. Incidentally he told me my conversion wouldn't work as they had issues trying to get the 2007 Turbo (Manual) to take the Gen.2 wheel. However ask them if they have completed any Tip 997 Turbos with that wheel. It may be an issue that can be overcome.

Also ask about the control module, if the NA one is the same as the Turbo one on PDK cars.

Ryan rbutor@sunsetautogroup.com

That's twice i've tried contacting Suncoast with no reply. think i'll give up on them now.


That's extremely unusual. I always get a reply. Don't tell them you're in the UK. There is a general email as well, you can get it from their website.
_________________
911 GT2RS Build
981 Boxster S, 987 Boxster S 3.4 - Sold

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nz911
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2016
Posts: 10



PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadgetJunky72 wrote:

That's twice i've tried contacting Suncoast with no reply. think i'll give up on them now.


Did you ever get this working on your 997.1 Turbo tip? I’ve got all the parts coming (991 wheel, airbag, 997.2 module) and a little concerned that I’m not going to be able to get it to work. Have seen lots of posts from guys in the USA running this setup on tiptronic Turbos however?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
New997buyer
Yas Marina


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 8811



PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nz911 wrote:
gadgetJunky72 wrote:

That's twice i've tried contacting Suncoast with no reply. think i'll give up on them now.


Did you ever get this working on your 997.1 Turbo tip? I’ve got all the parts coming (991 wheel, airbag, 997.2 module) and a little concerned that I’m not going to be able to get it to work. Have seen lots of posts from guys in the USA running this setup on tiptronic Turbos however?


This might help Question

https://www.renntech.org/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=34098

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/276059-conversion-tiptronic-buttons-flappy-paddle-2.html

And maybe a call to ES in Milton Keynes? thumbsup
_________________
“Forum signatures with quotes from famous people is a form of pretentiousness beyond compare, Sir!” Abraham Lincoln in conversation with Groucho Marx.

997.1 turbo
Ex 996.2 turbo, 996.1 C2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nz911
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2016
Posts: 10



PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. There’s a great guide on Planet9 that includes the module swap (which is needed for a tip to get the paddles working). More concerned that there is potentially an issue for UK/RHD Turbo tips as there doesn’t seem to be anyone that’s installed one and got it working (at least that I can find).

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/Cayman%20Cosmetic%20Mods/p512-porsche-987-1-tiptronic-paddle-shift-steering-wheel-swap.html

Regardless, I’ve bought the parts so will update this thread once I’ve tried Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
vlad
Imola


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 817



PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this mod a couple of years ago on my 2007 turbo tip RHD.
It was straight forward. New clock spring and control module, northway Porsche coded it with PWIS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
nz911
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2016
Posts: 10



PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirmation, is much appreciated. My wheel & airbag are currently sitting in customs waiting for clearance from a specialist assessor, but will hopefully be cleared today, if so I should have it all fitted this week.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nzskater
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that this works in a RHD 997.1 Turbo (delivered in the UK in Dec 2006).

I’ve just installed a multi function wheel out of a Macan and the paddles and horn work after replacing the control module with one out of a PDK car. Will be heading in to Porsche this week to get multi function coded back in and expect this to work thanks to the adapter from this guy: https://gpsadapter.us/
 



7FD7FE33-CBEF-4DCC-A5EF-15ED9C24E63A.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.79 MB
 Viewed:  352 Time(s)

7FD7FE33-CBEF-4DCC-A5EF-15ED9C24E63A.jpeg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 14429
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzskater wrote:
I can confirm that this works in a RHD 997.1 Turbo (delivered in the UK in Dec 2006).

I’ve just installed a multi function wheel out of a Macan and the paddles and horn work after replacing the control module with one out of a PDK car. Will be heading in to Porsche this week to get multi function coded back in and expect this to work thanks to the adapter from this guy: https://gpsadapter.us/


welcome to the forum , usefull first post Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nzskater
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Seems I have two accounts and the browser on my mobile was using the newer one! nz911 is mine as well...
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum