Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good value 996 turbo at 911 virgin.

kas750

Zandvoort
http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/633/996TurboManual/

633_Porsche_For_Sale_996gou2_2.jpg

Yes that does look great for price. I thought these cars were appreciating :?: I would have expected it to be on for more even with that mileage at a dealer.

I see that this one benefits from the stiffer shell :D

Blue and over 100k miles will do it for the price. Looks nice though.

MC

Hoping to go have a look at this when i'm home (end of the month) but it will probably have gone.

Could you live with the mileage though? Everything else stacks up, solid history, 3 owners and the car looks immaculate.

kas750 said:
rottenbend said:
I thought these cars were appreciating :?:.

:hand: They are.... blue 911's are hard to shift though. :mrgreen:

Good job mine's purple :wink:

At least it's got a black interior which suits a Turbo.

What are the issues with high miles on 996 Turbos (if any)? The block is solid as a rock so rebuilds aren't required, I presume. If someone's going to use it a weekend toy - the mileage isn't very important and at least you won't be scared to use it.

I think its a great looking car and colour!.. The few problem areas on these seem to be more age related than mileage.

I personally think they could of stood to retail that at a couple of k more.

plynchy said:
Hoping to go have a look at this when i'm home (end of the month) but it will probably have gone.

Could you live with the mileage though? Everything else stacks up, solid history, 3 owners and the car looks immaculate.

I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought.Probably one of the few companies that you could confidently forward a deposit to without a viewing..

That's far too easy to do sitting here in the middle of the North Sea. :D

Seems like a great car for someone not put off by the 100k+ mileage.

If £24k is someone's maximum budget and they want a 996T with SoGA protection it would be perfect.

MisterCorn said:
I see that this one benefits from the stiffer shell :D

Blue and over 100k miles will do it for the price. Looks nice though.

MC

:floor: re the 'stiffer shell'

:? re the colour

:dont know: re the mileage

plynchy said:
That's far too easy to do sitting here in the middle of the North Sea. :D

I agree with KAS and T8 and think it's a bargain. I live in Harrow so happy to stop by this weekend (if it's still for sale) for you and have a look? What's to lose by sticking a £100 on it to hold it till the weekend?

Or Porsche Torque is just round the corner, you could get Sid to PPi it and you're safe as houses?? :?:

If I remember correctly from buyers guides the shell was indeed beefed up for 2002 model year, are we :floor: at the word "stiffen". . . or am I missin sumfin here ? :?:

Think the colour suits the car, have to say seal grey is best (unless you can get speed yellow) , possibly followed by Basalt, but this colour looks nice in the metal.

As others have said, if that is your budget I'd be asking about putting a deposit down to secure it. Think the history (both written & what Virgin know about it) & proper maintenance record along with the recent new bits ( + 911 Virgins reputation ) would make you seem a bit silly to lose it just because you are half way to Norway.

I am sure if the sale fell through for some strange reason they would act reasonably, doubt if they will be short of takers . . .come on "join the club", this seems like a safe bet.

996 Turbos as nice as this aren't helping me.

I must not sell the 964
I must not sell the 964
I must not sell the 964
I must not sell the 964
I must not sell the 964
I must not sell the 964

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :what:

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members