Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Colour Choice for 911 Turbo S ?

Dlff

Well I have short listed white, dark blue metallic, agate grey & last but not least Basalt Black metallic.

There all have their pros & cons. Being a wide car as it is dark colours do hide the girth better than light colours. Ease of maintenance & heat dissipation is light colour ( living in a hot humid climate all year round).

My interior will be dark colour ( black with all colours except yachting blue with dark blue metallic) irrespective of exterior colour again for ease of maintenance & I just happen to like dark interior.

Also is the rear screen wiper an absolute must have option which is an option at additional cost for a car that costs over £100K. All comments are welcome. Cheers mate!

Biggest mistake I made when buying my car was going for a dark boring colour. Don't do it. Buy something in Orange, Lime Green, Riviera Blue etc etc. Its a supercar and should be in an exotic colour. Colour to sample the way to go

Attachments

• porsche_911_turbo_s_rear_187.jpg
    porsche_911_turbo_s_rear_187.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 15,988
Go for Carrara White (although I am slightly biased!!) - a truly classic colour and still an open expression of genuine individuality. 8) Works superbly when combined with the black interior.

Would love to have gone for a really bold colour like Orange, Lime Green or Riviera Blue, but just didn't have the swingers in terms of being left with a car that would potentially be hard to sell, or one that would attract the wrong sort of attention. :oops:

So think the Carrara White suits all my needs (and maybe yours), and certainly would be first choice again. Guards Red is simple and subtle and would be in second position.

Grey black and dark blue just not super car colours - Noooooooooooooooooo

Out of the choices, white every time, however if you have choice of any Riviera blue every time, it's a complete myth more vibrant colours are hard to sell on

i currently own a dark blue metallic 991s and previously owned a seal grey 997 4s and love both of the colours. Don't be influenced by some of the previous comments. Choose the colour that makes you happy!!!

Re: COLOUR CHOICE FOR TTS

Dlff said:
Well I have short listed white, dark blue metallic, agate grey & last but not least Basalt Black metallic. There all have their pros & cons. Being a wide car as it is dark colours do hide the girth better than light colours. Ease of maintenance & heat dissipation is light colour ( living in a hot humid climate all year round). My interior will be dark colour ( black with all colours except yachting blue with dark blue metallic) irrespective of exterior colour again for ease of maintenance & I just happen to like dark interior. Also is the rear screen wiper an absolute must have option which is an option at additional cost for a car that costs over £100K. All comments are welcome. Cheers mate!

In my humble opinion, metallic black looks best for this car.

Given the climate you live in, white would be a very good choice as well. But if you go for the glass sunroof, the contrast of the glass roof then completely changes the look of the car - some love it, some hate it.

Out of my entire spec, the rear wiper is the only option I am on the fence about. Just going by my other cars, the rear windscreen would become unusable without an ability to clean it while on the move. But I am not a huge fan of what the wiper does to the profile of the car. Function over form might need to win out. I can imagine it is the same with being in a hot humid, and therefore probably dusty, region.

Good luck.

I'm with IMI A. Bright is right for super cars, dark is a bit boring.

Bright = positive, Dark = negative, in my opinion.

So it looks like white then, along with the thousands of others.

But a TTS is an Audi... :hand:

Assuming that we are talking about a Turbo S though - why not paint to sample the GreyBlack colour from the 3.8RS and 911-50. It would wear it well, it will do residuals no harm but would not carry the stereotypical spectre of predictability of black, white, standard grey or something extrovert. :?:

But if you go blue - don't go Riviera or Mexico. Gorgeous as they are, cars in those just don't seem to be that rare any more, and if you are going loud then surely you really ought to be as individual as possible?

Agreed, if I was spending the stash of cash required to spec one of these new I would want/be prepared to spend the bit extra to have it how I wanted it, not the same as any other number of factory spec cars.

Another nice colour might be the retro "off white" featured in that 997 with the double bubble roof (can't remember the name of the colour or the model of car, but , you know the one I mean ) :roll:

Black looks stunning when it's gleaming clean. Problem is as soon as you drive it, it's dirty again. I wanted a white car but they were very rare in the 997. White has made a come back and always looks clean even if it's pretty dirty.

I'd be looking at White or red!

For inspiration...

12615929753_670c227437_b-1.jpg

gtspirit-2014-porsche-991-turbo-s-0014.jpg

dsc_0572.jpg

I don't agree that Black cars do not look good when dirty..... There is something about a Black car that is dirty where the flow lines of dirt around the haunches and bodywork show the aero of the 911....!

Dirty or clean a Black car looks great

So does White / Red/Grey/yellow/ Blue/ Orange/ Green!.... Oh that's them all!...

I guess they just all look great!

T

Oh and Silver....

Just don't call the Turbo a 'TT' though.... That is definitely an Audi!!😄

I'm forever cleaning my car to get it looking good (black Turbo)

Some people call the Turbo the Twin Turbo (TT)

Isms man,I have seen a good number of pics of your car and it is a beautiful example , it's a credit to you, particularly enjoyed the write up on the C/ lock hubs , although I prefer the bolted hubs myself ....I am actually just as OCD on keeping it as clean as possible but I do like to see a weeks grime on it now and again it looks great provided no one rubs any of the dirt off before I wash it ......!
At the end of the day ....clean or mucky ...they all look great!!!!

I realise that a lot of people call the Turbo a'TT' these days and i personally think it's crass...should I call my Turbo S .. A Turbo TT PDK VTG S ? Or should I just go with the Porsche moniker Turbo S .....( see what I mean ?)
I m just being a bit pedantic really ....

T

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back