Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Immobiliser

RichD1

I've got what I'm lead to believe is the Dealer fit immobiliser on my car. But it has been disabled by a previous owner. Not sure if it is because it had gone faulty or not.

Pic attached of the key which the socket is mounted in the centre console between the hazard warning switch and rear wiper switch.

Has anyone any details regarding where the module is fitted and how it's wired please?

Attachments

• p1070241_749.jpg
    p1070241_749.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 3,271
Looks like an aftermarket Immobiliser to me but I may be wrong! My 3.2 (1988) definitely has the standard one and the slot to insert the key (which looks different to yours) to disable it is on the steering column not the centre console with the unit itself under the passenger seat next to the car ECU. Not much help but hopefully someone knows more than me......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back