Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hollow Spoke Turbos wanted for my 993 C2

martinjrose

Hi there,

This will be my first post so please excuse any naivety.

I am picking up my first Porsche this weekend. A 94" 993 C2.

I have been looking for a set of 18" Turbo Twist wheels.

A couple of questions.

- Does anyone have the Hollow Spoke ones for sale? The only ones I have found the owner is looking for 3k fully re-furbed.

- If I was to go for the Solid Spoke will this be a major problem for the drive of the car due to weight? I can get a much better deal at 2k with a set of new tires.

Thank you

If I recall correctly, early cars like yours require modifications in order to run 18 inch wheels. Steering rack brace rings a bell...

What wheels have you got at the moment? The 17 inch Cup 2s are a great wheel - light, string and good looking.

Thank you guys.

The wheels I have are attached.

Attachments

• c_8976_650.jpg
    c_8976_650.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 6,158
I can see why you would want to change them!

Speak to Chris at exel, he'll source you some.

The hollow spokes on sale on ebay at £4.5k are for a wide body.

Cup 2s might be a better option for you but as others have said speak to Chris at Exel, there's not much he doesn't know about wheels and tyres...

Let us know what you are getting at the end :thumb:

Either Cup 2 or Hollow Spoke, you will be better off.

martinjrose said:
- If I was to go for the Solid Spoke will this be a major problem for the drive of the car due to weight? I can get a much better deal at 2k with a set of new tires.

Thank you

2k for solidspokes? :eek:

They go for around 400 GBP (no tyres of course)

Chris has offered the Hollow Spokes, fully refurbished for £1400.

Does this sound about right to you guys?

yep. :thumbs:

Absolutely :thumb:

Lots of dodgy wheels about that have been cracked, bent etc. Only an expert can tell. Highly recommend Chris.

I'm looking for some 17's wheels to put my Winter tyres on.
Could offer £200 if you're interested.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back