Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 CAT D ON EBAY

Could be a very good buy.

Worth getting an inspection if your interested.

This makes that 993 in damaged condition that sold for only a few £k less last week seem like an absolute bargain.

looks really nice - a good inspection could result in a top purchase! ive had a cat d bmw z4 previously and it was literally impossible to tell it was ever damaged. If I had the funds id have no hesitation going to see this.

It sounded great until it stated 'first to see will buy'.

That just put me right off.

Too hexy - interior colour kills it :what:

Looks to me like the passenger h/lamp is the new one and as ever the rubbers to the front PU and wings are a mare to sort correctly :dont know:

At £18k to strip out and use as a road/track car it could be OK

"only replaced drivers wing and bumper and headlight"

...of course you did.

even if there were a barge pole handy...nah.

If I was looking again then I'd buy it!
:thumbs:

Oh hang on...
:frustrated:

I've just joined the club of people on cat D car threads that say "I'd buy it" or "If there is documented repair proof I'd buy it" or "Buy cheap sell cheap" or "get it inspected and buy it etc etc"... but then go on to never buy a Cat D ever, and never have the intention of ever actually doing so...
:grin:

Am I correct in thinking if it is exported then the CAT D status no longer applies? :?:

SimonMoore said:
Am I correct in thinking if it is exported then the CAT D status no longer applies? :?:

Correct - that's why I'd never buy an import either...

There's a few bits on it I want for mine. I may email him and see if he fancies breaking it ! :grin:

On a serious note, that's a nightmare that the 'Write off' status is removed once exported - So I guess cars being imported into the UK also end as hpi clear?

My Lancias been imported from Germany :eek:

SimonMoore said:
On a serious note, that's a nightmare that the 'Write off' status is removed once exported - So I guess cars being imported into the UK also end as hpi clear?

My Lancias been imported from Germany :eek:

More interesting is some LHD/RHD conversions have front end/bulkhead work as intensive as a Cat D repair anyway, so not a bad way of passing one on: change the car to suit the market that won't know...

Suppose anything is a gamble at 20 years old with various owners in the past. All you can do is go in with your eyes wide open on any purchase.

SimonMoore said:
Suppose anything is a gamble at 20 years old with various owners in the past. All you can do is go in with your eyes wide open on any purchase.

So very true. Unless one person has owned something from new AND you trust what they say, nobody ever really knows a cars true history.

Am currently selling an old ROLEX Submariner on the 'bay. It's a nice '77 model 1680 and was made when I was five years old, no doubt a few people have owned it over the years, people will still ask what parts have been replaced...

"Well, in 1983 when I was 11 years old, this watch...."

:grin:

Love the Submariners, I had mine for a fair while and then part exchanged it for a Daytona (Ended up getting more in px for it then I bought it for !) - Good luck with the sale ! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back