Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro Sport Mode - Question

gliderpilot40

Silverstone
I know that the factory sport chrono includes various options for lighting etc. Does anyone know what options are included in the opc retro fit sport mode? I have had the sport mode fitted and I cannot seem to find any sport mode menu. Thanks.

There is no sport mode menu, it either on or off

Thanks. I can stop looking now. I thought the same lighting options in the menu that come with sport chrono might have been included.

Markiii is partly right - there is no sport menu as such, but there are some additional settings on PCM that are activated when you have the Sport mode retrofit. I don't know why, as they are entirely unrelated to Sport mode but nonetheless they are there.

Don't get excited though, they aren't hugely important! As I recall you can tinker with the behaviour of the internal lights, you can specify a climate control temperature as the default everytime you switch on, and there was something else to do with the door unlocking I think.

I think they were under "Options" then "SET ...." (maybe SET PCM??) but I can't remember which screen you have to be on to get that to come up - maybe trip or info?

Thanks harryh
I will have a play with the PCM and see if I can find it. I had read that sport chrono had access to othe lighting menus and wondered if the sport retrofit had same features.

I wrapped it into the buying negotiations as I'd read that it was jus a switch, a few hours labour and a software activation so I got it done for £750. On a 997 turbo I was happy with that

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back