Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bose upgraded sound system to a double din unit?

saty-s

Trainee
Hi all..

Has anyone upgraded their Bose upgraded sound system to a double din unit?

If so which unit did you buy and any cables?

I am really wanting to get a Pioneer SPH-DA120 with Apple CarPlay

I'm currently looking at fitting a pioneer 960bt I think its called into my car as a Christmas present. It sounds easy (I know famous last words) I just need to find a fascia to fill the gaps in.

I use Sextons in Wandsworth, lot of expertise with 911, they did a full speaker/amps/head unit replacement in my C4 Cab, and have just done a head unit in my Turbo.

Most importantly they have a cable that connects a double din unit with the Bose system so you don't have to rewire everything and change your amps and speakers...

They also stock the Pioneer Car Play Units (I am also looking at one of these now)

Give them a call ask for Jason or Jay, 020 8877 1148.

mazza said:
I use Sextons in Wandsworth, lot of expertise with 911, they did a full speaker/amps/head unit replacement in my C4 Cab, and have just done a head unit in my Turbo.

Most importantly they have a cable that connects a double din unit with the Bose system so you don't have to rewire everything and change your amps and speakers...

They also stock the Pioneer Car Play Units (I am also looking at one of these now)

Hi Mazza... That is great thanks.. I will give them a call soon :thumb:

mazza said:

Indeed I know exactly where they are, nice to know :thumb: 8)

Glad I could help...

I've heard a rumour that Alpine will launch an Apple Car Play unit very soon...

mazza said:
Glad I could help...

I've heard a rumour that Alpine will launch an Apple Car Play unit very soon...
you was a great help and I can imagine that all the major brands will now bring out a unit.

These are the bits I need, has anyone purchased these and can advise where from?

1. Bose Optical conversion box
2. Porsche 996 Facia Kit
3. Relocation Trim Panel

Cheers

mazza said:

Exactly what I've been after, thanks mate.

That US ebay chap just replied with this:

It requires that you replace/bypass the factory Bose amplifier. There is currently not a solution to integrate w/ the fiber optics for the 03-05 996 model years.

^^ That is not true I believe...

:frustrated:

mazza said:

^Check out the bit in BOLD May be worth calling up Sextons and clarifying with them, as it suggest they have a solution to this. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back