Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door storage bin lid removal - help sought

markz86

Monza
All,

Does anyone know how to remove the Leather part of the door storage bin covers?

I'm giving the interior a makeover in Carbon Fibre, and bought a set of sacrificial door cards for the ancillaries.

I managed to remove the lids themselves and am at the stage where i have this part:

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod128164/Door-Pocket-Lid-Cover-BLACK-99755522101FSA--99755522201FSA/

My question is, how do i remove the leather part? there doesn't appear to be any screws etc, an i to assume that its glued on and that i should pry it up?

I would like to replace mine in situ, as i'm not too keen on taking the door cards off fully to replace the entire part as they are a real pain to remove.

Thanks in advance.

Can you take a pic of the underside, mine was bolted on with like 20 little Torx head bolts.
Im just having a load of carbon work done on mine.

I'm sure if you do a Google search something will come up.
When I researched removing the door handles I'm sure one of the carbon companies online had instructions to do exactly what you want to do.
IIRC I think it's a door card off job. It's not that hard.
:thumb:

markz86 said:
Here it is

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Markz1986/media/Mobile Uploads/image1_zps18fe84b7.jpg.html?o=0

Unless the screws are under the rubber pads I'm guessing the parts are different?

What parts are you getting the CF treatment on?

Ive just got a CF steering wheel, console, gear know and switch surround on ebay for a good price, also getting the inner door handles, dash trim, bin lids and handbrake done - I'll post some photos when the work is complete.

Same as you basically as much as I can get done! Are you having the handles and pocket lids skimmed or carbon covers made??

I'm having the leather removed and then carbon layered on the plastic. who is doing yours?

I managed to get an OEM consoles (£320), gear knob (£140) and Wheel (£300) from ebay so most of the stuff getting covered is the smaller bits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back