Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Std. Rear Spoiler v. Ducktail v. Aero Kit

sportscentury

Though I am a long-time reader, I just joined today. I appreciate all of the valuable information here. I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I seem to remember seeing somewhere on the internet (perhaps one of the Porsche forums) there was a table/chart that showed the differences between these three rear spoiler options, such as weight differences and performance numbers. I have spent a good while searching for it but can't find it. I'm interested in knowing how these three rear spoilers (or spoiler/wing in the case of the aerokit cup) compare in terms of both weight and performance (downforce/drag/acceleration/speed). Any insights would be most appreciated!

Hi welcome to the forum :thumb: If you are considering buying a Carrera then I think the choices between all three spoilers is largely irrelevant in terms of dynamics and speeds unless you are a serious track driver or you are considering doing constant quarter-mile drag races etc. I would doubt any of these will produce downforce - more a cut in lift if anything. Many people who buy Carreras would appear to base their choice of spoiler purely on looks alone.

However, it is an interesting question you have raised and I couldn't help you out with the info on that I'm afraid. Hopefully someone else will come up with the goods.

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back