Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good News. Improved budget for my first Porsche

Today I got the ok to change my wife's car so I now have a budget of 40ish k

She does not like the 911so we drove a 46k Panamara at our local pd

She found it heavy so great news I am back on 911

Have found a 997 turbo 06 at redline for 43k and a white 997 gen 2 c4s 08 same is price and mileage 40k

Hope they are still there next sat

Any advice on each car?

Thanks steve

Re: News

Sorry this should have appeared at the end of my old thread - don't know what happened.

MOD COMMENT: Steve, your previous thread was closed as it degenerated into a bit of a bun fight after you'd posted your final thoughts about not going for a 997.1.

I've altered the title of this thread so that contributors to your earlier thread can see your 'Good News' update.

What a great dilemma you have! Drive them both and see which you prefer; the Turbo will be epic and the gen 2 C4S has no known issues to ruin your day (but I'd be buying PDK with any Gen 2).

I'd expect the Turbo running cost to be a little higher, but long term the Turbo will maintain its value better.

Morning Fella,

That 997TT is the first turbo I went to see when I began my hunt a few months ago.

(i'm a bit of a perfectionist so take some of this with a pinch of salt)

It was a pretty nice looking motor but they hadn't prepped it for a while and it had been sat outside for a few weeks before they brought it in and I sat in it so it was dusty and leaves were in the front bumper.

The front bumper/bonnet looked like it had recently had it stonechips sorted as it looked great (it wasn't done by them) the seat bolsters looked a bit worn but they said they would get them treated/dyed if I took it off them.

I think the back of the seats has a few scuffs and they offered to get that sorted but I'm not sure they appreciated how big a job like that may be.

Alloys needed a bit of work but thats typical, apparently a chap that p/x'd it in took a lambo or ferarri and I think he works out of the country but they can call him to answer questions on it if you have any.

The part that really interested me but ultimately put me off is that the sales guy told me that it had "uprated turbo's" fitted by an OPC?? I asked him to prove what work had been done and when he called back the next day he couldn't give me any more info.

It was up for £43k in May time when I went and I eventually got an 07 plate with 9months porsche warranty intact for exactly the same price (10k more on the clock though)

I know this is the same car as there is a little round sticker on the centre console (over the red centre locking light that flashes when you press the key fob), I don't know why its there and I didn't want to pull it off but anyone in the know would notice this so I don't know why they left it on as it just shows poor prep!

I have to say they were really nice guys to deal with over the phone and face to face but the car just wasn't for me as I really wanted one with a bit of warranty or an absolute minter.

I'd like to know what you think of it though, don't be put off by my rambling as I always find things to grumble about when buying a car and it could be fully prepped now ! :)

Russ

:congrats: Steve.

pm sent.

Great news, I would echo the comment above and take the opportunity to drive both and see which suits you better.

Remember that's part of the fun so take the opportunity to drive / see as many as you can, it's make THE one for you an easy decision in the end :thumb:

That budget puts you in a very different place from the 23-25k you had last week! :mrgreen:

Great dilemma, choosing between an everyday supercar and a sublime sports car, and you can tackle this not hampered by fear :wink:

Thanks Guys

Slackster - Great feedback on the Turbo - You were an astute buyer - too many grey areas for that one - its off the list!

White 997 .2 has been sold.

Begining to learn that purchase is not a race,objective is to find the right car.

In Leeds this weekend so will do a search around Yorkshire area

Will keep you updated

Just hope my wife does not change her mind. lol

Steve

I am surprised at Maxie recommending that outfit - any relative as I read somewhere that you hail from that area?
I know its no relative - relax, but peculiar recommendation.

I saw a couple of cars there back in 2012. The cars are poor preparation, prices are on the high side for the North West. Look up PH's - there is an example of a guy who was sold a knackered tip box Porsche and they denied owt were wrong w'it caar. Last I remember, the guy was considering litigation. No idea if or how it was resolved.

They sold a pre-facelift 996 Turbo to Ragpicker on here (one that was suggested to me in early 2012 as an ex-dentist's car that was coming in, chipped and running 600bhp with ceramics but Ragpicker posted some threads shortly after purchasing it of his expereince as well as what happened at PPI when the guys who were to do the PPI found the tyres illegal and refused to drive it!

They are generalists nowadays from what I can make out and sell all sorts including Range Rovers, Maserati, Audi etc. One of the guys there is ex-Porsche JCT Leeds. So there is Porsche expertise within the practice.

So not sure why the adverse comments and threads on this and PH's.

You can make a trip up and see for yourself and decide. In their defence they may recite they can only please some of the people some of the time.

That's my sentiment and recommendation. I would not go there for my own purchase.

I have had a particularly bad experience with the previously mentioned Huddersfield outfit, so would definitely suggest avoiding them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back