Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fixed rear spoiler, now have spoiler warning light.

Stu643

Hi, I have just fitted a fixed rear spoiler to my 02 carrera 4 .
I disconnected the power to the motor to stop it extending. Now at motorway speeds the spoiler warning light comes on. I have read that connecting pin 2 on the loom to pin 5 stops this from happening. Has anyone tried this before? Or should I just buy the aerokit loom? .

Looking forward to see how you resolve this, normally only posted by turbo owners !!!!
Do you have a part number for the aerokit loom?

Let us know how you get on dude I have a customer with same issue.

The harness is 996-612-070-51

about £80 to £90 from memory.

However, Renntech or 6-speedonline have threads covering what you want to do.

I'm pretty sure it's covered on this forum too somewhere if you do a search.

My 996 turbo was very simple to sort after putting a fixed wing on and getting rid of the annoying dash warnings. I'm sure the C4 is as easy.

The harness is just plug in and smile though. Buy it from your local OPC.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Sit...&utm_content=jcrabtree&utm_campaign=postreply

Im the worlds worst with the search button i would end up looking at gimp suits or something !!!!

JohnnyDangerous said:
Im the worlds worst with the search button i would end up looking at gimp suits or something !!!!

Don't you already own two suits anway?????

DamanC said:
JohnnyDangerous said:

Don't you already own two suits anway?????

If they stop the warning light coming on who cares!

Ive just fitted the Eurocup GT blade and wanted it in the fixed up position as I had the warning light on. Found this info on another forum which fixes the spoiler up and also removes the warning light.

If you unplug the rear connector for the rear hood which is to the right side of the engine bay.

1. raise rear wing
2. unplug the thick green/blue wire by pulling it out of the harness (ground for motor)tape it up.
3.connect gray/brown with spoiler power thick yellow /green.
so no hot spoiler wire and no warning light .
I have done this on mine and it works.

Hope this helps.

Just so you know, if you replace/adapt the spoiler loom, the spoiler light
will come on when stationary [at start up] until you move the car.

Just fit the plug-and-play terminating loom as Porsche factory/dealer do.

You need to fit the appropriate termination harness to mimic the sensor return.

X23_plug.jpg

OPC sell these for the fixed wings (even if factory fitted they fit the extendable spoiler loom and then cap it).

The curiosity is that the warning light circuit remains too, so you still get the ignition test cycle, then it goes off. :?

The part # is: 996.612.070.51

(Circa £50)

Alternatively, if you don't mind hacking your car, just connect the pins 2 and 5 you mention:

post_1_1201820134_thumb_367.png

mixerman said:
Ive just fitted the Eurocup GT blade and wanted it in the fixed up position as I had the warning light on. Found this info on another forum which fixes the spoiler up and also removes the warning light.

If you unplug the rear connector for the rear hood which is to the right side of the engine bay.

1. raise rear wing
2. unplug the thick green/blue wire by pulling it out of the harness (ground for motor)tape it up.
3.connect gray/brown with spoiler power thick yellow /green.
so no hot spoiler wire and no warning light .
I have done this on mine and it works.

Hope this helps.

Just bumping this thread as I'm about to embark on bypassing the spoiler warning light on a 996 TT and want to make sure I've got it absolutely correct!:thumb:

I understand that I should be jumping cables 2 and 5.

However, the above post says those are a "gray/brown with spoiler power thick yellow /green", but GT4's very helpful wiring diagram (for a USA version 996TT) shows that pin A2 is Grey/Brown and pin A5 is brown?

So which is it? :dont know:

The wiring diagram shows that the Yellow / Green wire is pin A3 to the motor?

From the above diagram then you would join A2 gy/bn to A5 bn ..

All this does is tell the car the spoiler is in the up position .. i would expect the car will be a bit upset when first started and there will be a light on as its not expecting this .. after driving off then it would be fine .

Non Turbo and you just code it to fixed wing .. i can only assume there is no option for a Turbo for this .. i've never looked to be honest .

deMort said:
From the above diagram then you would join A2 gy/bn to A5 bn ..

All this does is tell the car the spoiler is in the up position .. i would expect the car will be a bit upset when first started and there will be a light on as its not expecting this .. after driving off then it would be fine .

Non Turbo and you just code it to fixed wing .. i can only assume there is no option for a Turbo for this .. i've never looked to be honest .

Thanks, I *think* (and have read) that simply bridging a couple of pins works with no issues.

This makes sense to me because even the Porsche approved harness doesn't have any electronic components in it, so all it can do is bridge or disrupt signals permanently. There's no switch there, as far as I can tell, and no connection to the speed signal wire?

Also, it's possible to start a C2/C4 with the spoiler up, isn't it? If you push the switch to raise the spoiler, then turn the engine off, the spoiler stays up.

So then when you next start the car, the spoiler is up?

GT3_20Aero_20Spoiler_20Wing_20Loom.jpg

The speed signal will activate the spoiler to raise .. the car looks for the top micro switch to be activated .. it then knows its up ... im guessing instrument cluster for this .

The same is true of the down position .. the car operates it to lower then looks for the micro switch .

For me then looking at this bypass i would have thought that driving over 75 mph then slowing down the car might get upset .. it might get upset when starting as it sees it in the up position ..

Either way i can't say as i've never done this so a bit of testing is in order .

there is no speed signal at the rear wiring though .. its just two micro switches to say its either up or down ... after that im guessing instrument cluster decides if there is a problem or not .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back