Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Targa, Engine rebuild and chassis leg repair

Millomboy

Suzuka
Well, I have bitten the bullet and left the old girl with the boys at Precision. The oil leaks were starting to really get on my wick. Also, sorting the cat heat shield and checking out the chassis rails and some bits and bobs. If there are any pennies left after the back end is sorted, have asked them to try and get the windscreen out and check for scuttle rust and then I can also get the inner rubber seal fitted when it goes back in. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hi Kim,
No, just comfort seats. Why do you ask?

I can't keep up, I thought you were selling. Adam w was there this morning when I dropped her off.

I can't keep up myself.

Car is / was sold to someone in Italy, but a problem releasing my private plate so I don't know what the outcome will be. I might have been able to up the price if it had Hardbacks. What are your wheels like?

Are you now selling the targa as well?

Paragon are sweating, new 993 trader in Sussex?

Coupe is Sold, Targa is sold. Although not entirely sold due to the numberplate problem.

Paragon are indeed sweating my friend.

2yuylmp.jpg

Kimbo said:
What are your wheels like?

A different colour on each corner and in need of a refurb.

Yes, please do keep us posted.
My wife would be particularly interested in the oil leak results.
I've been getting a lot of grief lately.

So anyway, I got my estimate for the first bits and bobs (which doesn't even include the chassis rails) and mostly about the oil leaks. There are three pages of parts and labour costs. They needed the fourth page just for the adding up. :sad:

IIRC you *don't* have to touch the exhausts for a proper inspection.

But before you start anywhere else you have to undo the eight 'screws' on the bottom edge of the PU. If your PU side-supports have rusted away, you only have the rearmost four to undo.

As to jacking points, I had four stands, as RB says the rear suspension multi-link 'cage' has two very good points (one each side) that I chose to use... here when I changed the cam-cover gasket and spark-plugs

cc-all-old-bolts.JPG

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back