Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

When can we expect the 991.2?

h2009

Hey,

Just wondering what the expected arrival date of the 991.2 will be going forward and if there are is any information on the technology/ extra options which will be able to add to the car yet?

Many Thanks

Not due to be announced till Sept 2015 at the earliest and for delivery from early 2016, for Carrera and Carrera S models.

Apart from the usual 'light' exterior facelift features, a new range of small Turbo Charged petrol engines is expected offering better MPG and reduced CO2 emissions.

If you're ordering now, a GTS is the best regular model to buy from the main range, that has all the options.

Will the new 992 have a new interior or will it be the same as the current 991s?

Also any idea what technology advance we might see? Maybe surround cameras, night vision, LCA, LDW?

991.2 should be available as 2016 model. It will be unveiled in the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2015 & sales will follow after that. Expect minimum or none at all interior facelift as facelift will usually be restricted to exterior. At best more standard interior features. Turbocharged engine has been speculated to be available for the 1st time in a run-of-the-mill 991 models. I expect it to be a low boost turbo engine but with much better torque as all turbocharged engines are. They still have to maintain the TTS as the flagship in the 911 range. I'm surprised they launched the GTS models so soon. Going by previous 997 model, GTS models were introduced towards to tail end of the model year. I still doubt is a massive facelift with the usual revision to the DLR, front bumper, rear lights & bumpers. Cheers mate!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back