Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service Stamp error - looks like I've clocked the car

Gollom122

Suzuka
Just getting my car serviced at its 8 year cycle - first time outside OPC. Got a call from them hi-lighting that the car was recorded 2 years ago 52K miles and has only just reached 50K today.
I keep the invoices and what has happened is the miles and job number have been transposed - so instead of job number 52*** and miles 39*** it reads the other way round.
Should I be worried and would a future buyer not be forgiving even with the invoice and MOT mileage records supporting the error?
Is there anything the OPC can do to rectify their error 2 years ago?

All the more reason for us to check what has been stamped in the service book. You will need to redress this with the OPC concerned and ask them to alleviate ASAP as this glaring error may not be looked upon as an error by the next buyer of your car.

If it was me, I'd be fuming knowing how mileage senstive these cars are in terms of residual values.

~ Maxie :eek:

9MLS said:
Come on, Stevie Wonder could see what happened here surely?

You would hope so - with the invoice showing digit for digit WIP number and mileage correctly it is so obvious that the error is a simple case of writing the numbers on the wrong lines....but I bet you if I were trading it with the very same OPC they would take a different view???

When OPC Cambridge painted my deck lid earlier this year, they rounded down the mileage on the bodyshop invoice.

This would have posed a problem given I would have book-ending invoices for other services that both read higher (looking like a rather pointless 400-mile odd "clocking").

Obviously OCD reigned supreme, and I drove back that day (ironically adding more mileage :roll:) so that they could re-print.

Much gnashing of teeth later, they had re credited the archaic sales system and "sold" the paint again under a new invoice number (the system not allowing settled invoices to be edited).

I thanked them for their time, and the nice cup of coffee and biscuits I had enjoyed whilst watching them perform some form of extended prog-rock keyboard solo on the computer to get the desired result.

Still, an OCD shared is a problem two people have.

I get your OCD GT4 - you just want people to do a simple task correctly. Admin is a basic requirement of every job!

If it were me, I'd go back to OPC and have it corrected.

cheshire911 said:
If it were me, I'd go back to OPC and have it corrected.
I thought about that but if I were a buyer then I'd be suspicious of the 2 lines being scribbled and rewritten. I think I am better off with the Stevie Wonder explanation.

same thing happened to me with my BMW...dealer transposed the job number for the mileage...doh! Ican't see it putting someone off though as they can easily check invoices, speak to the dealer, etc...not good for the OCDers among us though!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back