Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Split 17" Speedline Targa Wheels

Folks, a few questions to the 993 massive:

1) I bought some original split rims for my Targa recently, decent condition and the rim bolts look good, however they're black, is black the original colour?, as I've seen some silver ones that I'm thinking are recon items?.

Also I'm thinking that if the rim bolts are ok, then the wheel refurb cost to get them as new should be reasonable?.

2) My Targa has the black callipers, I'm going to refurb seals etc, rub down and spray. So what colour do I go with?, down the nice gloss black original route OR nice gloss red?.

I'm guessing the red callipers was an optional extra?.

Trev

Not at all, but personally I would have amber front indicator lenses and red back ones.

The red back ones can be easily created with a £10 strip of red headlight film. Works a treat. I covered my reversing lights too for as whole strip of red loveliness.

Voila:

2m64r6h.jpg

Black bolts are the originals on those wheels.

The wheels would usually be dismantled to refurbish them and I think it's considered unwise to re-use the bolts once removed which is why you see silver ones.

But I remember seeing a thread on here where ChrisW refurbed someone's Targa wheels and the bolts were black afterwards. They looked excellent.

Welcome back :thumb:

Those were mine, Chris did an excellent job, if I remember correctly he hand painted each tiny bolt!

Personally I love the Speedlines they really set the Targa apart from the rest!

Thanks guys,

Chris W, I'd love a steer from you in terms of what you did?.

Like i say above the actual bolts are very good, just the alloys that need a good tidy up.

Is there a problem with balancing when rebuilding them?.

Trev

Chris did a brilliant job refurbing the speedlines on my targa this summer and yes, he hand painted the bolt heads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back