Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello forgotten Porsche perverts....

Simon W

Barcelona
....it's been a while. Good to see so many old avatars keeping the new breed honest.
Not sure if I'll receive an admin spanking for this, but seeing as I am one of the old men of the forum, perhaps i can get away with it...

My trusty old 530 M Sport has to find a new home - and there's no finer home than one with Stuttgarts finest as a step-sibling.

Big shout out to all my old pals on here. Must get to a meet some time..

It's with some sorrow that I offer my beautiful 530i M Sport for sale. £2,995

Overview:
2003 BMW 530i M Sport
Full Service History
102,000 miles
3 Previous Owners
Sterling Grey Metallic
Black Dakota Leather with Alu Trim
Factory Fitted Sat Nav / Communication Pack / TV
Parking Sensors Front & Rear
Bought by me in January 2010, it has been the single best car I have owned – including the 993 in the background!
To my mind, this car was 10 years ahead of its time. The comfort, the build quality, the fabulous straight 6 engine (best engine BMW made as far as I'm concerned!) and the overall 'feel' of driver interaction has not been surpassed in any of the later models.
The 530i M Sport combined the best of the 'standard' E39 models with the sporting feel ultimately bestowed on the superb (yet vicious) M5. Magnificent, supportive leather sports seats makes the longest drives go by in a blur of cosseting comfort, slightly firmer suspension, the smaller sports steering wheel and the Alu trim combine to make this cabin a wonderful place to be. (The popular, but far less attractive wood veneer in most of the E39's make you feel like you've dropped into a worm-hole and stepped out in a Riley's snooker club in 1987)
I purchased this car on 15th January 2010 with approximately 62,000 on the clock. I've taken it to 102,000 and have looked after the car throughout my ownership.
Service History:
26.03.2003 – PDI at Cotswold BMW
12.01.2004 – 12,616 miles Sytner BMW
15.03.2005 – 25,882 miles Sytner BMW
09.03.2007 - 40,590 miles Sytner BMW
30.06.2009 – 58,690 miles St Peters Auto Centre
14.10.2010 – 64,014 miles St Peters Auto Centre
05.07.2011 76,709 miles Scotthall BMW
04.06.2013 91,149 miles Hexagon BMW
Additional Maintenance:
January 2012 – Rear discs and pads - Hexagon BMW
July 2013 – ABS pump replaced
October 2013 – Both drive belts replaced
2012 – All 4 tyres replaced with Uniroyal RainSport 2 – fantastic tyre I ordered specifically based on respected opinion and tyre test reviews. Good levels of tread all round
MOT to February 2015
Tax to January 2015
In the interest of full disclosure, attention is drawn to the following items:
Minor blemish on boot edge, where (a long time ago) something must have fouled the lid as it closed. Before my time, and never bothered me but circled red in photo
Small paint bubble at o/s rear wheel arch
Sat Nav occasionally throws a wobbly and loses position. Currently working fine, but has happened a handful of times during my ownership. Has always come back on its own so assume a loose connection somewhere. Mapping DVD could do with updating, since it is the original 2003 disc.
Display on dash has become pixelated. Frustratingly, this has happened on every BMW I've owned. It's still readable, but see photo for what to expect.
Boot mounted multi CD Player not working
Car has recently been asking me to 'Check Coolant Level' despite the fact that the level is fine. I think there may be an intermittent problem with the sender / float in the chamber.
Each of the 4 wheels have kerb blemishes
Next service will be due soon. Only 1 green light left on the dash indicator
This is a fantastic, genuine, well looked after (loved..!) 530 M Sport. There are marks that are commensurate with the cars age (11 years!) and the life it's led. It hasn't been ragged off the lights or drag raced against any pimped up chavmobiles, and it hasn't been used for doing donuts in Tesco car park in the dead of night. But it has been used as a family car for nearly 5 years; transporting my most precious cargo (screaming, spoilt children) in comfort, speed and safety.
If my work hadn't supplied me with a new E350 estate (which is truly nowhere near as nice a drive), there's no way I'd be moving this car on.
It has so much left to give........
No test pilots, agents, tyre kickers or general losers please.
Car is currently on private plate – waiting for DVLA to provide retention certificate.
Car can be viewed evening or weekends in North London (N10)
[email protected]

Hi SimonW, welcome back :thumbup: That's a lovely E39 you have for sale - and well specced it is too for the vintage. Fantastic description; GLWS...other than that, and unless I 've missed it, you haven't stated how much you are looking for in a sale.

~ Maxie

Maxie!!1 Hello maaaate!
You're quite right. Didn't put a price or a contact e mail.
Ahh - I do miss this place! I am still Porsche-less so haven't earned the right to stick my oar in to all these 993 threads.
I managed to sell just before the spike in prices. REckon my car is worth another £10k now!!!!!
Boo.
Keep well old chum.

Simon W said:
Ahh - I do miss this place! I am still Porsche-less so haven't earned the right to stick my oar in to all these 993 threads.
As you know, you don't really need to have a Porsche to post, Simon - I think your 993 experiences will be valuable amongst the newer members here. Indeed you're old wide-bodied S is probably a lot more valuable now than when you got rid!

~ Maxie :roll:

Simon W said:
Maxie!!1 Hello maaaate!
You're quite right. Didn't put a price or a contact e mail.
I managed to sell just before the spike in prices. REckon my car is worth another £10k now!!!!!
Boo.
Keep well old chum.

I'm sure it wont be long before you're back in another 911 :thumb:

Simon W,

Held on to mine through unemployment/empty bank account etc etc, because I knew it was worth more to me than A- anyone was willing to pay (that was a couple years back, today. . different story) B - anything that I could find later for the same price.

Hope to see you back on here sometime soon in a "proper" car. Cheers, Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back