Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What personalised plates on 993?

SimonMoore

Spa-Francorchamps
Just wondering what personalised plates people have on their 993's

Has anyone got anything cool fitted? 8)

M100 UFC
Id say on the Uber cool wall for sure :thumbs: and particulay good for the OCD sufferer on an 'M' reg :floor:

Plate

P99 ---

Came with car, although I like the idea of it being back on it's original 'R' plate.... :?:

Driving back from my holiday I saw in France - R1SKS on a 993 turbo

JONTTT as a UK registration plate would clearly be nonsense (oh and illegal :nooo: ).

However, i'm intrigued as to what it really is?

dapper said:
JONTTT as a UK registration plate would clearly be nonsense (oh and illegal :nooo: ).

However, i'm intrigued as to what it really is?

At a guess JON777 :?:

I had A993LAD on my first 993 hence my forum name.

It was on it when I bought the car and left it on when I sold it. the new owner sold the plate and put the 993 back on an N plate which seemed a shame.

Then a few years later someone spotted my forum name and PM'd me to ask if I wanted to buy ithe plate off him. TBH I never much liked the number so turned down the offer.

think he wanted £400 but not sure if that's great value or not.

I had HUN on my plate as my family have called the Jerries 'huns' since the first world war and until 2009 I had never owned a German car, and even then I'd keep it in the garage on poppy day.
:thumbs:

Naff, granted, but car 'related' plates (993/911/POR) are naffer still IMO...

You have Porsche on your bonnet.
You have Porsche on your tailgate.
You have Porsche on your front wheels.
You have Porsche on your rear wheels.
You have Porsche on your keyring.
You have Porsche on your keys.
You have Porsche on your mats.
You have Porsche on other stuff/tat as well.
People are in no doubt it's a Porsche.
From 1000 yards it's a Porsche 911.
Before you can see the plate, you know what it is...

So what, oh what, can you think of to put on your number plate?

Something that's not already written ALL OVER THE CAR would be good...

Mmm...
:?:

I actually think a decent number plate that relates to the car model looks good and not naff....... I wouldn't be seen dead with my initials or name on a plate but a good C2 , 993 or 911 plate simply looks neater than a full length irrelevant scrawl of numbers and letters.

^^^^^ +1

I got C2 USP, much cooler to my eyes than the random plate that it replaced, there are a handful of nice C2 or C4 plates on dvla for £399....

I like plates that relate to the car.

Carrera 2 Vario.

Got this one because it was cheap at the time, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back