Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flat spot at low Revs

tmy999

Hi All

Not sure if anybody has come across this but I have a Boxster 2008 2.7.

It was running fine but recently started having a flat spot which manifest itself as a misfire around 1000rpm. Slight touch of the accelerator will make it kangaroo due to the jerkiness.

I've had it checked out by JMH in Holmes Chapel, who also services the car but they found nothing - it was slightly masked by me using Shell V Power which masks the flat spot but I can still feel it, especially when setting off - it is jerky on moving off. The JMH mechanic initially said its how Porsches run, to which I'd replied - "it didn't used to". He did say it could be something to do with the clutch (but then the V fuel makes it better?), besides JMH fitted a new clutch when it went it for replacement oil seals due to them leaking.

At a loss really. Can anybody suggest what I could try / do next?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back