Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The end of the GT2 ?

I'm sure it will appear, a problem I see is price, since the Turbo S is already kicking out just shy of £140-150k, so any GT2 will certainly come after the GT3 RS and will command a larger price and put it into Lambo/Ferrari territory...

isysman said:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1089782_has-the-porsche-911-gt2-reached-the-end-of-its-run

I remember all those articles at the beginning of this year after a Porsche tech bloke made a comment about it probably not being feasible to make a 2WD car faster than the current Turbo S.

They could still make it but not chase the headline speed figures, but that puts it awkwardly in competition with the GT3 / GT3 RS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they give the GT2 a miss in 991 form, but then Porsche are keen to stretch the model range out as much as possible so who knows.

Interesting what they saying in that article about a 458 and 12C rival? Wonder what that would be like?

AnotherGT2 your car might be about to be worth a lot more!

I still think that they will use the badge, but on an aerokitted over-boosted derivative of the Turbo S (complete with 4wd) with limited numbers that will be appreciably faster than the 997 GT2RS. Time will tell.

anotherGT2 said:
isysman said:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1089782_has-the-porsche-911-gt2-reached-the-end-of-its-run

I remember all those articles at the beginning of this year after a Porsche tech bloke made a comment about it probably not being feasible to make a 2WD car faster than the current Turbo S.

They could still make it but not chase the headline speed figures, but that puts it awkwardly in competition with the GT3 / GT3 RS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they give the GT2 a miss in 991 form, but then Porsche are keen to stretch the model range out as much as possible so who knows.

If it was Porsche itself it would happen but the VAG boys don't want a car with such reputation as it(widow maker) does not meet the corporate image

I'd say less than a 20% chance it will appear in 991 guise and if not, it won't ever appear again in any guise for many years(if at all)

So where does that leave limited edition, 911 GT2 owners of all previous GT2 variants?............sitting pretty I would strongly suggest :thumb:

wizard993 said:
So where does that leave limited edition, 911 GT2 owners of all previous GT2 variants?............sitting pretty I would strongly suggest :thumb:

I've always wanted to be sitting pretty :)

Whether they do or don't produce another GT2, my 996 is without doubt the best car I've ever owned. Awesome beast.

m33ufo said:
wizard993 said:

I've always wanted to be sitting pretty :)

Whether they do or don't produce another GT2, my 996 is without doubt the best car I've ever owned. Awesome beast.

Wow that's quite the statement knowing how many you've owned. Also amazing you still have it. Must be some sort of record!

isysman said:
Wow that's quite the statement knowing how many you've owned. Also amazing you still have it. Must be done sort of record!

I'm just happy with the car. It's a real thrill to drive.

m33ufo said:
isysman said:
Wow that's quite the statement knowing how many you've owned. Also amazing you still have it. Must be done sort of record!

I'm just happy with the car. It's a real thrill to drive.

Did you get the carbon rear spoiler fitted?

Yes. Rear wing, mirrors and front air intake all in carbon.

A good contrast against the Arctic Silver.

Here you go...

Carbonwing.jpg

Flanknearsiderear.jpg

Flankside2.jpg

Mirror2.jpg

Frontflank1.jpg

FlankRear3.jpg

Flankrearwheel1.jpg

Flankrearwheel.jpg

Flankside1.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics