Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling My Turbo - Rant

911997turbo

Currently selling my 997 Turbo Cab, cannot believe the amount of tyre kickers....

only bought it 4 months ago (done 1000miles) most driving it back from where I purchased and advertised significantly cheaper that the dealer I bought it off (RSJ Sports)

I had someone offer me 35k for a 2008 Turbo cab with ceramics, 38k miles and manual with chrono.. has the world gone mad!!

:eek:

perhaps, but unless you are a trader, a car being sold on that quickly would make me suspicious that there was a big expensive problem lurking somewhere.
Without positive documented evidence that that is not the case, I too would probably not be comfortable paying market values.

Perhaps thats your problem?

Happens all the time - the 'speculators' have nothing to loose and if 1 in 20 of their offers come good then they stand to make some money.

What have RSJ offered to take it back off your hands? That should give you a good guide what to expect to receive via a private sale.

Yes RSJ would be the best buyer for it. It took a while to sell even when they had it. May be GT Silver with Blue Leather perhaps not everyones cup of tea?

911997turbo said:
.......... only bought it 4 months ago (done 1000miles) most driving it back from where I purchased

Why, what's wrong with it. :?:

It sounds like you've seriously overlooked the fact that there's always a 20-25% difference between 'trade in' and 'retail' values.

For a private sale you'll always find that most people will want to pay nearer to 'trade'.

Nothing wrong with the car...it is exactly as it was when it came from RSJ...all fully prepped etc....

Trouble is, that's not what other buyers will think. With all due respect, I wouldn't trust it either on face value. It's a shame, but that's human nature and too many people have been caught out with dodgy cars over the years, especially with expensive ones.#

If it had a Porsche warranty on it, then I'd take a punt, but otherwise it's a gut feeling more than anything.

Is the RSJ 12month warranty transferable to the new owner? That would help with the sale if it was.

Where is it advertised?

It's all been said by others (trade vs private prices etc) but there's also the small, but important detail of selling a cab off season. Don't cabs always sell for less from Oct-Mar? :?:

Have you considered a speculative SOR deal? NOT with a certain north London garage too I may add before the thread lights up!

911997turbo said:
Nothing wrong with the car...it is exactly as it was when it came from RSJ...all fully prepped etc....

So why have you spent most of the 1000 miles you've done in it going back to where you purchased it.

:?

T8 said:
For a private sale you'll always find that most people will want to pay nearer to 'trade'.

How very true chum :thumb:

OP - if you want to off-load perhaps a broker :dont know: Or be clear in your advert no offers and price it realistically.

My view is when the car stacks up and is priced right it will sell to someone who wants one AND has the readies available without part-ex etc which when you're into your price area buyers will be limited.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back