Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where's my boost gone?!

chimp911

Returned to my porker after a couple of weeks away only to find that some fecker has stolen all my boost :sad: I reckon one of the actuators has seized (again) so I need to limp off to my nearest OPC to loosen the old girl up...

It most likely has something to do with being left out in the cold both in the literal (airport car park for the last 2 weeks) and figurative (toys out of the pram for daring to acquire an Italian mistress) sense. Hopefully a good rub down and some new wipers will win back her affections... :flowers:

For all those interested (just me then :coat:) it was another seized actuator. The car was starting to sound very rough and I was getting concerned that it may be something far more serious but thankfully a bit of spray lube and a some pliers freed up the offending part.

This same thing happened about a year ago and the technicians say the extreme heat in and around the VTG turbos in conjunction with the oxidising effects of water and road salt are to blame.

With the car on the ramps I was able to see that my rear nearside tyre has very uneven wear with the inner edge now virtually bald - time for a long overdue trip to CoG methinks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back