Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Petrol vapour smell in cabin

Rallyeman

Magny-Cours
When my GT3 gets hot, and is stuck in traffic I start to smell, petrol in the cabin. Doesn't matter what I try, AC or windows, close windows AC on, the smell is there. It's not over fuelling as there's no black soot on rear, I've checked for leaks dripping. Could it be, a breather blocked? Any ideas?
Yes I know its worthless now, and someone will offer me £20k haha!

When you close fuel filler cap make sure it clicks a few times. That should fix it but if it does not you probably need a new fuel filler cap.

IMI A said:
When you close fuel filler cap make sure it clicks a few times. That should fix it but if it does not you probably need a new fuel filler cap.

Brand new filler cap, fitted at OPC Byfleet.

Rallyeman said:
IMI A said:

Brand new filler cap, fitted at OPC Byfleet.

Was the fuel smell there before they fitted it?

I could smell the fumes, when stick in traffic before, but after the new cap, it's ten times worse. I'll investigate the new cap, seal.

I am struggling to recall the details of the conversation I had with 9e Reference a similar problem with my 996 turbo, but the gist of the matter was "don't worry".

If I remember, it was something to do with the breather not being very well isolated , so fumes can & do waft around. Was happening to me in warm weather (I.E in Spain all the time !) after refuelling, for the first couple of minutes after leaving the station. They also told me the "several clicks" if I remember, I mistakenly thought one click was enough.

the other me said:
I am struggling to recall the details of the conversation I had with 9e Reference a similar problem with my 996 turbo, but the gist of the matter was "don't worry".

If I remember, it was something to do with the breather not being very well isolated , so fumes can & do waft around. Was happening to me in warm weather (I.E in Spain all the time !) after refuelling, for the first couple of minutes after leaving the station. They also told me the "several clicks" if I remember, I mistakenly thought one click was enough.

Funny you say in Spain, because this is where, it first started.
The last time, being stuck in London, but it was so bad, we both had headaches, from it :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back