Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Firing order stickers

miles55

Trainee
Can anyone confirm what the correct stickers are for the latch panel under the engine cover and where I can source some (the gold metallic ones).

Thanks

OPC still sell them....

I dont think 964 has those gold stickers in UK market :dont know: There is a silver one for checking oil etc. The firing order sticker is yellow and goes on the left of the plastic shroud over the engine fan

You cant see the oil level sticker due to glare but IIRC its on the last recess beloe the RH engine mount :dont know:

L1000988_zpsf753f437.jpg

Yep :thumb: I think US variants had more but earlier models certainly did :dont know:

There are at least four stickers under the bonnet. The slam panel has two brushed gold coloured metallic foils, one for tyre pressures, one with oil fill /level instructions.

Additionally the cars have a vinyl yellow firing order sticker on the plastic trim to the left of the fan shroud. Others have a high voltage warning sticker on the relay cover (on the n/s of the engine bay)

Most have a Shell or Mobil oil fill sticker on the plastic ducting from the fan to the cabin heating/ventilation system.

These are the foils the factory provide if you order them now. They're thin paper "foils" unlike the original metal originals. They're also the wrong colour, a different layout and as someone pointed out, they're now supplied in two different colours instead of matching) :

sVdFf9Hz.jpg

These are the original fitted and correct oil fill and tyre pressure foils :

qvuni78G.jpg

And these are the reproductions I'm curently in the process of having manufactured :

ftnEniB2.jpg

The foils on the top row are the originals, the silver items on the bottom row are the final proofs for font, size, layout etc (the colour is clearly wrong and will be the correct bronze/gold colour when produced)

QbVhXYWF.jpg

WydRrUcw.jpg

If you're a stickler for originality and after decent metallic oil fill and tyre pressure foils with the correct font, layout, brushed finish and in the correct colour, drop me a PM or email.

^^^ That's interesting as my tyre pressure 'gold' sticker is on the passenger door edge near the lock and IIRC this was continued on to the 993 range :dont know:

And believe me the thickness of it I have every reason to believe it is an original placement :thumb:

Something I have been meaning to do since my respray is replace the decals

Gazc2 said:
Something I have been meaning to do since my respray is replace the decals

Some good stuff there. The oil fill sticker is an OE part, but unfortunately it's the silver paper version and thus nothing like the original metal foils.

The tyre pressure sticker looks to be made from the same material but gold and though it has a 964 part number, looks very similar to a genuine silver 993 version I have in my "collection".

Zingari said:
^^^ That's interesting as my tyre pressure 'gold' sticker is on the passenger door edge near the lock and IIRC this was continued on to the 993 range :dont know:

And believe me the thickness of it I have every reason to believe it is an original placement :thumb:

A quirk of a late car perhaps ? A photo would be good please :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back