Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Will you be driving your 993 over the winter?

Will you be driving your 993 over the winter?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ch3tman

Suzuka
I've always intended on driving my C4 throughout the year and aim to use it just as frequently despite winter fast approaching (I can almost hear the gasps of shock :lol:). With recent talk of heated garages, secure lockups, winter storage, etc. I suspect I'll be in the minority - as the poll will probably indicate - please vote :).

For those who will be using the car over winter or have done in the past - with the wetter, frosty, salty road conditions in mind - have/will you be taking any special precautions?

Any tips welcome :thumbs:

I voted yes because it will be used, however it won't go out unless it's dry. Down here in Hampshire we don't get as much in the way of snow and ice (along with the obligatory and dreaded salt...), otherwise I'd be in the no camp.

Only in the dry. And once the salt gets on the roads I'll leave it in the garage.

15yhmoz.jpg

"Any tips welcome?"

Winter tyres and hose all the salt off at the end of Winter.

You lot need to get out more. Have fun. It's what cars are made for.

Swap to winter tires on some old boxster rims, try to avoid the salt, and relish the near instantaneous cabin heater on start up.

Must be said it does give a confidence boost having a C4 though!

ch3tman said:
For those who will be using the car over winter or have done in the past - with the wetter, frosty, salty road conditions in mind - have/will you be taking any special precautions?

Woolly hat?

993-snow-drive-s.JPG

This year, first time ever I am planning to store my car over the winter months.

Think I'll carry on using , but avoid worst of the weather and salted roads etc.

Easy to get into the habit of being over cautious though and tempting to wrap up over winter. :?:

Yes, parked on a London street getting scratched by white vans and passing lorry's, sprayed with salt and soaked in acid rain.

If I could find a garage locally, boy would I stash it away!

Its either the 993 or one of my motorcycles . . . (although my '09 GS is heavily corroded from too many winters out playing), salt's a *****.
:thumbs:

Will be used regularly in whatever the weather throws at it on 16" wheel/winter tyres. Been a pleasure to drive over the last 4 winters, decent heater and traction on slippy surfaces.

Martin

I have put the 964 in storage as it does not do well sitting outside all winter

The 993 will be used through the winter ,probably more as I am losing my company car due to my new job which will involve driving lots of Porsche models 8)

Mine will not be out this winter, due to needing fixing really.

I'd normally only take out on dry days anyway, but i think it does them good to give them a tickle over winter.

Trev

Once the local authorities start spending my council tax on dumping filthy salt stuff on the roads I'll only drive the Porsche on dry days preceded by long periods of heavy rain (but that never happens - so answer is no really I guess ) :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back