Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 JOE

997JOE

As per title, I have on retention the private reg 997 JOE

Offers by PM please, keen to gauge a value and if no interest will go on my 997 carerra S.

Cheers,
Joe

I would love this plate. But, my name is not Joe.

A quick interweb search shows a certain reg firm claiming that they can sell you this plate for around £26k :floor:

If you paid anything like that then I'd suggest a quick trip to Lush for the bath you're about to take...

:popcorn:

chimp911 said:
A quick interweb search shows a certain reg firm claiming that they can sell you this plate for around £26k :floor:

If you paid anything like that then I'd suggest a quick trip to Lush for the bath you're about to take...

:popcorn:

How much should i be offering?

Well it looks like the current bid of £500 was rejected, so anything North of that ought to be a good start...

I guess it all depends on how much you want people to know that your car is a 997 and that your name is Joe :dont know: but I should imagine there are cheaper (than £26k) ways to achieve this... :roll:

Seriously, even if I was Joe Branson, £500 would be my top offer. I just can't see a plate being worth any more than that. No-one knows what a 997 is anyway. You're buying it for the word Joe and do you really want people knowing your name. It's a bit wanky isn't it.

Kimbo said:
Seriously, even if I was Joe Branson, £500 would be my top offer. I just can't see a plate being worth any more than that. No-one knows what a 997 is anyway. You're buying it for the word Joe and do you really want people knowing your name. It's a bit wanky isn't it.

^^^^^

This

I agree I have never understood the big value of numbers.

I was once working at a customers house and when he opened the garage door I spotted a 1960's Raleigh runabout moped under a sheet in the corner.

Anyway big do's and little do's I ended up swapping the job (which was a hundred quid's worth) for the bike with had the reg ADY68D on it.
I took the number off and sold the bike on ebay for £500.
My name is Adrian and I was born in '68 so a cheap cover number for me. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back