Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo or 997.2 C2S?

shnoo shnoo

Trainee
Hi guys, interested to hear if anyone has owned both a gen 1 turbo and a gen 2 C2S? I'm toying between the two. I really fancy a PDK if I go down the gen 2 C2S route but a quick flick through the forum shows a few issues with PDK.... is it a reliable system?

Also interested to hear what sort of haggling has been achieved when buying a used ppc car. What sort of money are people getting off the asking price?

What problems with PDK a have you read about? I was under the impression it was pretty bullet proof.

I certainly have not read anything about it being unreliable.

Go for the last of the Metzger engine and you wont be disappointed .... except for the lack of noise

jonboy said:
Go for the last of the Metzger engine and you wont be disappointed .... except for the lack of noise
+1

isysman said:
What problems with PDK a have you read about? I was under the impression it was pretty bullet proof.
If anything goes horrifically wrong, it's a complete transmission-out job and replaced with a brand-new one as the 'box is a sealed unit and thus in itself non-serviceable aside from any electronic gremlins that could occur from time to time. A brand new PDK unit is £10k+; thus worth having a warranty if you have a PDK car.

~ Maxie

shnoo shnoo said:
Are the gen 1 turbos immune to bore scoring issues?
Yes, the 997.1 engine is a completely different design to the ones used in the Carreras. It is amongst the most solid of engines Porsche has ever built and is the unit used to power every single GT2 & GT3 right up to the last of the 997 generation and indeed the 991 Cup Racing cars.

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back