Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What winter 993 jobs have you got planned ?

jonttt

Monaco
unfortunately I have to suffer by the pool for the next week :nooo: so am listing the jobs I can do to the 993 this winter now I have a garage....

- fit new alarm sounder as the original packed in. I have already sourced a replacement so just need to wire it in.

- idle control valve clean, worried my hands are too big :roll:

- play around with Mistercorns GPS tracker I got from him a few months ago

- source and fit upgraded LED key fob bulbs (even though my car has the ignition light)

No doubt I will be reading lots of 911 stuff for the next week so the list may extend :grin:

So what have you got planned ?

If you get in a pickle with the ICV, it's easy enough to lower the engine on a trolley jack once undoing the engine mounts a bit :thumb:

Having recently stripped and renewed all my brakes, I'm trying to avoid another big ticket item. Best I ignore this thread from here on :grin:

Where do I start:
- today i sent a 4 spoke steering wheel off to carsdream to get recovered,
- take the doors apart and install some skinz or sound deadening material,
- source some 2nd hand door panels to play around with recovering them,
- ICV has been on the list for a while so should probably bump it up a few places.
- keep hunting for some BBS LM wheels
- fit new pedal rubbers. Have had them in the draw for over a year.
- fit new bonnet badge
- properly wire up the iPod connector for my becker. Have an old ashtray and going to make a hole in that and thread the cable through.

I guess that's a good few day's work which is more than I've had free lately.

The pedal rubbers can be frustrating to put on lol

A step by step guide to icv removal/cleaning/re attachment please!

There is a great one on here :wink:

Seats out for refurb with Leathercare in Warrington.

Sound deadening in rear and doors.

So tempted to powder coat fan also.

SORN'd from 30 Nov an don't plan on relaxing till March so lots of time to tinker around.

Dream911 said:
- fit new pedal rubbers. Have had them in the draw for over a year.
jonttt said:
The pedal rubbers can be frustrating to put on lol
Pro tip: a little smear of liquid hand soap, and they'll be on in seconds.. :thumb:

Pedal rubbers: leaving then in hot water for a while before fitting also helps and makes them more pliable ......

I am hoping mine will tucked up in a climate controlled environment for four months ....... :)

madalaa said:
I am hoping mine will tucked up in a climate controlled environment for four months ....... :)

Have you seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

You haven't seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off?!

A comedy classic and depressingly, released 28 years ago.

It's a John Hughes movie (Planes Trains Automobiles, Breakfast Club, Home Alone, Pretty In Pink, Weird Science, National Lampoons Vacation etc etc etc).

As to my winter jobs.

Full Detail.
Replace windscreen washer jets.
New alarm stickers.
Pedal rubbers; done this before on a 993 - lubricant is indeed The Way.
Fix trip computer illumination.
New wiper blades.
New carpet mats.
Extreme wheel arch detail - that's Jackal's fault.
Examine chassis legs situation.

madalaa said:
Er no ........ who the 'feck is Ferris Bueller? ........ :dont know:

Ferris is a rebellious American High School kid who plays truant with his best friend and persuades his friend to take his Dad's GTO California to town. They park it with a storage/parking firm with hilarious consequences............

Yea, guess if you haven't seen the movie as a point of reference it doesn't make much sense...........in my defence 993 owners of a certain age will be laughing there heads off...........probably.

Superb film.

Desperately sad today's writers/directors don't have the talent, skill or wit to make them like that anymore.

:nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back