Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hartech Lifetime Maintenance Plan price increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coupebill

I've just received an email with the details of price increases and overhaul of the Hartech LMP. Mine will go up from £864 per year to £1238. I'll have to consider building a war chest and crossing my fingers instead as once fuel is added it's starting to look pricey. I can't fault their service but money is money. :sad:

Wowza, is that not close to an OPC warranty?

isysman said:
Wowza, is that not close to an OPC warranty?

....indeed, but an OPC won't hand out (sell) any warranties on ten year old 911's.

If I was in that position I would just bank that amount of money every month and at the end of your ownership you will have a nice lump of money towards your next car...

People keep saying that an engine failure is "unlikely" in your ownership?

BTW does that figure cover parts AND labour?

No just labour but does include a service and MOT.

Ouch! is that because your car has gone into a new age bracket or is that just a like-for-like increase? I guess it's been coming for a while, but 43% increase....

When you're on the LMP, does it include an annual service, i.e. you have an interim between the Porsche 2 year scheduled services?

MJA997 said:
Ouch! is that because your car has gone into a new age bracket or is that just a like-for-like increase? I guess it's been coming for a while, but 43% increase....

When you're on the LMP, does it include an annual service, i.e. you have an interim between the Porsche 2 year scheduled services?

Surely some people on here are not still on a 2 year service regime :nooo:

That's insane when a 6 month oil change is <£130

Would you let your wife wear old shoes?

Then why let your 911 run around with 2 year old oil after reading all the d-chunk/bearing issues reported on here?

It does include a yearly service. The prices have been static for a few years apparently. I only joined it in January so I will only pay the old price until I've had a year on the scheme.

When 'Insurance' prices go up it is often due to more being paid out in claims. It would be interesting to hear the true reason here.

MC

I don't think there's anything sinister going on they have just overhauld the plan. They will not give out any new plans on cars older than 1996 or allow a straight transfer to new owners buying a car with a plan on it. I'm sure they'll still be busy as they've rightly got a great reputation.

Our Maintenance Plan hasn't been designed to compete with the Porsche warranty. We introduced it over 15 years ago as back up for cars we sold as we weren't happy with the warranty products available at the time. Following customer demand we opened it up to cars which we hadn't sold but already properly maintained and finally made it available to selected cars & customers new to Hartech providing they started out as a fully serviced and checked over car free of serious defects. IIRC Porsche didn't offer extended warranties anyway at the time.

Our Plan isn't a warranty product as such (which, 'in the event of a successful claim", are there to cover things breaking but usually with a get out clause of wear & tear etc) – in simple terms it's a planned maintenance package which covers full servicing costs (parts & labour), MOT fee and our labour costs to carry out the up keep of the car including wear and tear.

If the brakes, clutch, shock absorbers etc need changing because they are simply worn out the customer pays for the parts and we provide the labour free of charge. If there's a disaster and the engine has a serious problem like a failed IMS bearing, scored bore etc we provide the labour free of charge and the customer pays for the parts. It is a completely different package than a warranty and so shouldn't be directly compared. We're on the same side as the customer with the objective of reliability and low long term running costs. Updated details will appear on our web site soon.

It isn't a facility which we push onto people nor 'hard sell" but is offered on a take it or leave it basis. It's not open to everyone and customers are invited to participate (there will come a time when we reach maximum capacity anyway). It tends to suit those who share our views and value our approach and like many things in life there will always be those who it doesn't suit. There will always be those who chose to criticize it and pick fault when opportunity arises but such is life.

Our changes and improvements have been well received judging by the E-mails we have received and we're taking stock of the constructive comments we've received directly from our customers - the people we're concerned with - and are planning to fine tune things a little – it's a 2 way process. (This should also satisfactorily address the point raised in this post).

We've had many worried and concerned customers fearing we were withdrawing the Plan following our first communications about imminent changes (many participants wouldn't own a Porsche without our back up). We are simply adapting to changes around us and keeping pace/leading the way. The positive feed back I've had directly from our customers is very encouraging and reinforces my belief that our Maintenance Plan is a fantastic facility for those who it attracts.

We were the first to offer anything similar and some others that copied our initiative have since abandoned their version of our scheme while we continue with it - but we have to make sure it is viable and reflects the needs of the market in a changing environment.

Grant

"We're on the same side as the customer with the objective of reliability and low long term running costs."

That's the bit I like the best, provider and customer having exactly the same vested interest and put the steps in place to preserve them. I have a warranty and we all know it's not like that at all.

Grant, does this mean that there are changes to the plan as well as the price increase? You provide a good description of the plan but not the explanation as to why the large price increase.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Grant, does this mean that there are changes to the plan as well as the price increase? You provide a good description of the plan but not the explanation as to why the large price increase.

MC

Hi MC

I presume you're not one of our customers ?

All existing Maintenance Plan customers except 2 who I can't get hold of have been contacted and informed and the new details will be on our website soon.

There are options enabling all existing customers to continue with their existing mileage levels for c.10% more and in many cases the exact same cost as they have been paying for the last c.3 years.

The changes to the plan aren't massive.

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back