Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Celebration work

crozier64

I bought a 964 Celebration in the summer & being very pleased with it drove it quite a bit. All was well for about a month until I went out one day & thought the exhaust was sounding quite sporty. Twenty miles later I got out of the car & saw the rear of the exhaust had split from the silencer touched the bumper & melted it.Gutted as I was, I was planning a twin rear outlet anyway as I think they suit the widebodies. I booked the car in to 9m as they had done good work on my singer replica & on dropping it off uttered the fateful words "there's a small bubble in the paint at the A pillar, could you look into that for me?"
The pictures tell their own story!!!

Attachments

• image_998.jpg
    image_998.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 7,205
  • image_762.jpg
    image_762.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 7,205
  • image_820.jpg
    image_820.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 7,205
  • image_998.jpg
    image_998.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 7,205
  • image_268.jpg
    image_268.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 7,205
Geez Neil .. i was wondering why i had not seen you about , you just cant help your self can you, it looked fine to me , yet another wait but will be a bit special when its done.
Mine is in for a new alternator and two days with out it is doing my head in :grin:

Hi, I've asked 9m to fit a cargraphic dual outlet rear silencer, big reds & KW V3, I love the shape so any mods will be kept out of sight. Unless I buy Fuchs!!!
Yours Neil

Hi Keith, it was the day after I took you out in it, then I didn't have ready cash, so it's dragged on, but I'll drop in with it on my way back from the garage & peruse your new door cards, ATB, Neil

I know the exhaust I'd want, ausgeliterter Fà¤cherkrümmer from dw-technik.de

Musik Instrument Für Den Motor

ausgeliterter Fà¤cherkrümmer - means all length of pipes are absolutely the same ..... A german friend bought it a couple of years ago for around 5000 euro

spongebob squarepants said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcNiYQgsBUU

:dont know:

Sponge that video is for Iraqis only as it wont play in our green and pleasant land :roll: What is it a Barratt Light .50 cal conversion or something :dont know:

Neil - Good work chum. :thumb: I remember a similar conversation when I spotted some bubbling on the NSR wing trailing edge that the seller told me was £150 to sort :x The rise of the silver surfer tells its own story with several £k spent :what: Although I didn't have any corrosion under the sharks fins. The ziebart type rubberised treatment the car had early on might have prevented some of it :dont know:

I suspect the majority will have some corrosion of varying degrees at the front wing joins.

Zingari said:
spongebob squarepants said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcNiYQgsBUU

:dont know:

Sponge that video is for Iraqis only as it wont play in our green and pleasant land :roll: What is it a Barratt Light .50 cal conversion or something :dont know:

Neil - Good work chum. :thumb: I remember a similar conversation when I spotted some bubbling on the NSR wing trailing edge that the seller told me was £150 to sort :x The rise of the silver surfer tells its own story with several £k spent :what: Although I didn't have any corrosion under the sharks fins. The ziebart type rubberised treatment the car had early on might have prevented some of it :dont know:

I suspect the majority will have some corrosion of varying degrees at the front wing joins.

Must be a Baghdad thing :? .50 cal no - Father Ted dent repair - yes :grin:

Hi Zingari, as Keith said, the car looked fine to me!! As you know these cars don't come up often so I bid on it within an hour of it coming up for sale, sight unseen. You're right though it's a rare car that won't have a bit of corrosion & now at least i've got peace of mind for a few years.
Picking it up in a fortnight & will post a picture, yours Neil

Hi Mondrian, expensive & gorgeous, out of my league, like women of that description!!

Neil - Where did you get it from? #163 is showing owner in Northumberland :dont know:

ETA - Ah just realised that's you :oops:

I got it from Phil Raby & I trek to Ninemeister to get work done as "trust" in this game is a rare commodity, yours Neil

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back