Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

how much would you pay for a 993 RS Recreation ?

Porsche News

it is an interesting question, since someone just asked me for an opinion on this RS, as it was going cheap at £97k

The pictures are somewhat selective with the ad itself implying what it is rather than what it isn't.

but on closer inspection, it's not an RS but it looks very familiar....

It looks a very good example,no sunroof, no front washers, fresh RS interior but there are some clues in terms of the wheels, exhaust, fresh RS interior, interior switches, ride height

It is a very good recreation (really is an excellent example), but could it really be worth £97k? maybe it is, what do you think ??

and it does look familiar so where have we seen that before ?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C539881

PORSCHE 993 RS Roock (Blackbird) Year 1995 Colour/ Original Metallic Dark Slate Grey.

The car was built to be closer to the CS spec than the standard RS, its 3.8 has machined heads to raise compression over standard RS spec and the camshaft has been reprofiled to give higher lift and more overlap. Light weight rockers replace the hydraulic tappets.

The fuelling is by means of larger throttle assembly on the manifold and the injection is moved forward to give faster delivery response, allied to remapped fuelling to achieve a fast and torque geared response.

The exhaust system is the Roock RSC 300 and gives power figures of 305BHP and Torque of 262 lb/ft so allied to a weight of 1,280kg ( removing the washer bottle and liquid removes 1 kilo) means its more powerfull than the RS and has better Torque figure.

The interior is Porsche LWT with correct fittings including windup windows and is drilled to accept a half cage. Seats are FIA full leather with embossed shields and the rear carpet has the ROOCK RS logos woven into the carpet. The Roock logo appears on the door kick trims as RS 3.8 and the stiffening bar carries the Logo next to the Bilstein PSS9, which adjusts for ride height and damping.

The brake system carries full comp spec and with the suspension tuned and brakes improved offers advanced handling over the standard 993RS.

The bonnet and tail are Porsche Racing Lightweight Alloy Panels, new wheels and Tyres have recently been added.

The reality is that the number of upgrades are too numerous to mention in this short note but considering ROOCK won 5 Major International Endurance Championships –(including Le Mans in 1996) in class I think you will get a feel for what has been achieved.
The car has a lightweight Flywheel and Race clutch but remains flexible due to its Torque delivery through the gears.

Detailing such as washer nozzle deletes and rear wiper delete and the lowered and rolled arches to accommodate the P Zero tyres makes this I think the ultimate narrow bodied Spec.

I took these pictures at Goodwood when the mileage was reading 58,000 and the history with invoices is complete in a large ring binder that's bulging.

This car offers superior power over the standard RS and rarity with improved braking and handling.

The car was subjected to full Porsche Inspection last year.

Price: £97000 As stated
Model (alt):993 ROOCK RS LWT BLACKBIRD
Year: 1995

Ref: C539881
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C539881#

Attachments

• 993roock06_194.jpg
    993roock06_194.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 11,916
  • 993roock05_134.jpg
    993roock05_134.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11,916
  • 993roock04_199.jpg
    993roock04_199.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 11,916
  • 993roock03_120.jpg
    993roock03_120.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 11,916
  • 993roock02_412.jpg
    993roock02_412.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 11,916
  • 993roock01_159.jpg
    993roock01_159.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 11,916
Not worth it to me. It's not priced as an RS but it's strong money for a modded C2 :nooo:

There is another that's been for sale for ages and the price keeps going up :roll: but it's cheaper than this :grin:

911 PORSCHE - 993 3.8lt RS Spec (1996)
For sale Privately, in Bath, United Kingdom
£78,500

porsche-911-993-carrera-coupe-S1429845-1.jpg

Looking good then for a true nut and bolt RS CS replica that is only missing the correct vin plate and underseal delete. :grin:

Didn't think the RS came with an airbag steering wheel. :?: guess the owner valued safety over recreating an RS, yes/no?

I'd be in for £25k :thumb: Lack of electric windows devalues it for me as I'd need to employ more manual labour :what:

isn't the whole 'seam welded' thing a myth or not quite what it sounds??

I'm sure Jacakal explained it to me, but i've got a memory like a sieve...

Way overpriced, still a long way from a RS and no where near a CS.
A nice car but still prefer mine with electric windows, a/c and sunroof delete.
Handing is personal and we can all tune ours. There's nowt wrong with the standard brakes but perhaps they have got the handbrake to work.
3.8 chipped NVR with a noisy exhaust and it's only giving 305bhp!
Carpet is nicely fitted.

RS

jonttt said:
Not worth it to me. It's not priced as an RS but it's strong money for a modded C2 :nooo:

There is another that's been for sale for ages and the price keeps going up :roll: but it's cheaper than this :grin:

911 PORSCHE - 993 3.8lt RS Spec (1996)
For sale Privately, in Bath, United Kingdom
£78,500

porsche-911-993-carrera-coupe-S1429845-1.jpg

Seen that in the flesh....

To me this is worth more than both of those cars. Original. Not messed with.

http://www.paragongb.com/cars/porsche-carrera-2-coupe-for-sale-44kl

720x380_crop.jpg

Iris Blue
Black Leather Seats
3.6 Litre Air Cooled VarioRam Engine Developing 285 bhp
Air Conditioning
Cup Wheels
Electric Sunroof
Porsche Immobiliser
Rear Wiper
Hard Back Sport Seats
3rd High Level Brake Light
Twin Airbags
Headlamp Wash System
Alpine CD Player With iPOD Connection
36,346 miles
1996 (P)

This up for sale again.....seems to have been for sale alot over the last 2 yrs....looks like a cracker though.

Is it worth a trip to devon for? :dont know: ....at that money... :dont know:

kevsta said:

It might be for 25 bags :thumb:

kevsta said:
This up for sale again.....seems to have been for sale alot over the last 2 yrs....looks like a cracker though.

Linky please

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back